Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

City of Philadelphia Fire

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Scores and list is out I got mine today, check email.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by E70 View Post

      Yes. New list should be out soon.
      Someone told me the book portion is pass/fail and scores are generated based on the WSI, any truth to this?

      Comment


      • #18
        That's how they are scored, yes.

        Comment


        • #19
          Anyone know if the city is going to continue the trend of hiring all the Vets that passed first, regardless of ranking, before taking non-Vets?

          Comment


          • #20
            What are my chances of getting hired on with a 100 on the test and a list number of 5xx? How far did they go down the list? I am hearing smaller academy classes now. Like a class of 50 at a time instead of two classes at a time.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by SouthPhillyEh View Post
              Anyone know if the city is going to continue the trend of hiring all the Vets that passed first, regardless of ranking, before taking non-Vets?
              They only did that once and that was because they got a grant. If they get another, similar grant, they might do it again. Otherwise you will be hired according to your rank assigned after your veteran's points were factored in.

              Originally posted by nycemt86 View Post
              What are my chances of getting hired on with a 100 on the test and a list number of 5xx? How far did they go down the list? I am hearing smaller academy classes now. Like a class of 50 at a time instead of two classes at a time.
              Chances are you will not be hired with a rank in the 500s. The list will be good for two years. Car 1 has stated he wants 2 classes of 48 per year, which works out to 192 positions. I think they barely made it into the 500s this time around and they hired 4 classes of 100+ and one class of 48. It's possible they can extend the list to 4 years, in which case you will have a shot, but that's not a definite.

              Comment


              • #22
                Anyone have an idea when the next step is?
                I know the upcoming class is being called off the last (2013) list, but any ideas about future classes?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by E70 View Post
                  Chances are you will not be hired with a rank in the 500s. The list will be good for two years. Car 1 has stated he wants 2 classes of 48 per year, which works out to 192 positions. I think they barely made it into the 500s this time around and they hired 4 classes of 100+ and one class of 48. It's possible they can extend the list to 4 years, in which case you will have a shot, but that's not a definite.
                  Thanks for the info. Guess I will look at other exams.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by E70 View Post


                    Chances are you will not be hired with a rank in the 500s. The list will be good for two years. Car 1 has stated he wants 2 classes of 48 per year, which works out to 192 positions. I think they barely made it into the 500s this time around and they hired 4 classes of 100+ and one class of 48. It's possible they can extend the list to 4 years, in which case you will have a shot, but that's not a definite.

                    Wasn't it only 2 classes of 100 off of the 2013 list? I thought that the other dual 100 cadet classes were off the previous list. Not that the math there means they will make it into the 500s again, but it is slightly better.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I'm confused with how the tests are scored. Does the study guide portion of the test factor in to your score/ranking at all? Or is it just a pass/fail to eliminate anyone who doesn't pass?

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by ah0524 View Post
                        I'm confused with how the tests are scored. Does the study guide portion of the test factor in to your score/ranking at all? Or is it just a pass/fail to eliminate anyone who doesn't pass?
                        The study guide portion was graded pass/fail. WSI portion of the test produced the graded list.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Mj878 View Post

                          The study guide portion was graded pass/fail. WSI portion of the test produced the graded list.
                          Thanks. Last eligible list had grades of 110 (mostly vets), followed by a bunch of 100s, then the next grade was an 85. Any idea why there is no in between? I guess people fall into a certain category depending on how they answer the WSI.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by JJCreegan View Post


                            Wasn't it only 2 classes of 100 off of the 2013 list? I thought that the other dual 100 cadet classes were off the previous list. Not that the math there means they will make it into the 500s again, but it is slightly better.
                            Whoops, sorry. We were both actually wrong. 3 classes of approximately 100 (190, 191, 192) and one of 48 (193).

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by ah0524 View Post

                              Thanks. Last eligible list had grades of 110 (mostly vets), followed by a bunch of 100s, then the next grade was an 85. Any idea why there is no in between? I guess people fall into a certain category depending on how they answer the WSI.
                              I didn't get a chance to see the list from 2013, but the list from 2011 did have a few 90s.
                              My guess is the testing on the work styles portion sways heavily in grading ( in factors of 3, maximum point value for each question is 12), from a perfect score to failing, hence the majority either having a perfect score or failing. The difference between a 100 and an 85 could hypothetically mean only 2 questions.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by E70 View Post

                                They only did that once and that was because they got a grant. If they get another, similar grant, they might do it again. Otherwise you will be hired according to your rank assigned after your veteran's points were factored in.



                                Chances are you will not be hired with a rank in the 500s. The list will be good for two years. Car 1 has stated he wants 2 classes of 48 per year, which works out to 192 positions. I think they barely made it into the 500s this time around and they hired 4 classes of 100+ and one class of 48. It's possible they can extend the list to 4 years, in which case you will have a shot, but that's not a definite.
                                Have they ever extended the list to 4 years or is there anything indicating the possibility? I'm in the same boat ranked low 500's. Realistically not expecting a shot but keeping my head up that I'll get lucky.

                                Comment

                                300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                                Collapse

                                Upper 300x250

                                Collapse

                                Taboola

                                Collapse

                                Leader

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X