Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

City of Philadelphia Fire

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • City of Philadelphia Fire

    Memo just came down that a new FF cadet class will begin "early 2017". Memo says they are already contacting candidates, so it looks like this class will be off the existing list from 2013. Good luck!

  • #2
    This is great news, checked the city website not to long ago. My application went from "Eligible for Hire" to "In Hiring Process". I was beginning to think that scoring that 100 meant nothing, happy to see I was wrong.

    Comment


    • #3
      Anyone have an idea how far down the list they have made it so far. Kenneth what was your rank. Ballpark. No need to be exact

      Comment


      • #4
        Approximately low 500s. They may still go back and pick up people that deferred from earlier classes however. Also, Medic list is open for anyone with their Medic cert: https://phila.peopleadmin.com/postings/27072

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Olr8610 View Post
          Anyone have an idea how far down the list they have made it so far. Kenneth what was your rank. Ballpark. No need to be exact
          I was not to far off from 500, I've heard that this class may only have 50 but whose to say if that's accurate. But I do know that in the previous class there were a couple of people that had to retake the EMT portion. I believe that the union will try to get those guys put into this up coming class.
          Last edited by Kenneth215; 01-10-2017, 11:30 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Yeah, should be 40-60 cadets per class from here on out. Car 1 wants to do 1 spring and 1 fall class per year to maintain staffing. Either way, the days of dual 100 cadet classes are probably over. There will probably be people who deferred from previous classes who will take this final opportunity to get hired off this list. Previous cadets who did not pass portions of the academy will most likely not be asked back. Union has no input - you are not a union member while on probation.

            If you're looking to get into a future class, i.e., off the next list, get your EMT cert first. Bonus points or not, it will spare you a lot of stress while at the PFA.

            Comment


            • #7
              Has anyone heard anything new from the 2016 test

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Penn8 View Post
                Has anyone heard anything new from the 2016 test
                I took the test in November, a few weeks status changed from 'application approved' to 'in scoring' then back to 'application approved' a few days ago.

                it says on the application that scores and/or a published list of candidates will be out the end of February depending on hiring at the time. Hope that helps.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ah0524 View Post

                  I took the test in November, a few weeks status changed from 'application approved' to 'in scoring' then back to 'application approved' a few days ago.

                  it says on the application that scores and/or a published list of candidates will be out the end of February depending on hiring at the time. Hope that helps.
                  My application also did the same just wanted to make sure thank u

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Yeah I think the next upcoming class is being made up of those from the 2013 test, I'm assuming they will get around to this test next time around.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by E70 View Post
                      Yeah, should be 40-60 cadets per class from here on out. Car 1 wants to do 1 spring and 1 fall class per year to maintain staffing. Either way, the days of dual 100 cadet classes are probably over. There will probably be people who deferred from previous classes who will take this final opportunity to get hired off this list. Previous cadets who did not pass portions of the academy will most likely not be asked back. Union has no input - you are not a union member while on probation.

                      If you're looking to get into a future class, i.e., off the next list, get your EMT cert first. Bonus points or not, it will spare you a lot of stress while at the PFA.
                      So does it look like this will be the last class from the 2013 test? And the future classes will begin taking from the new 2016 test?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ah0524 View Post

                        So does it look like this will be the last class from the 2013 test? And the future classes will begin taking from the new 2016 test?
                        Yes. New list should be out soon.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          So the new list should be out this week?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Anything yet?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by deadbear271 View Post
                              Anything yet?
                              I haven't heard anything, my app says in scoring again, but I do know people who received notices that they failed the test, maybe they send those out first

                              Comment

                              300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                              Collapse

                              Upper 300x250

                              Collapse

                              Taboola

                              Collapse

                              Leader

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X