Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Fdny exam 7001

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone register for that mentor/ mentee BBQ on 8/4?

Comment

• Anyone know the information on life insurance that fdny may or may not provide? Thinking of purchasing life insurance soon.

Comment

• Same question as above, anyone register for the mentor/mentee BBQ ? Is this to meet your mentor? And if you can?t make it will you not get one?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nystateofmind68 View Post
          Same question as above, anyone register for the mentor/mentee BBQ ? Is this to meet your mentor? And if you can?t make it will you not get one?
          I have registered and will be going. I had send an email asking if this event was strictly invite only or if I can bring family. And I got a response saying family Is welcome so I doubt it's a serious event. Nonetheless a bigger part of me doesn't want to miss a single thing. So yeah... I'll be there haha.

Comment

• I have also registered for the Mentor-Mentee BBQ and will be attending. Has anyone been assigned a mentor yet? I wrote an email requesting a mentor over 2 weeks ago and have not heard back from anyone.
            Exam: 7001
            Score: 104
            List: 6XX

Comment

• I'm going to go out on a limb here but... are these Mentor-Mentee BBQ for individuals that are close to take the CPAT ( have low list numbers)?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dmart View Post
                I'm going to go out on a limb here but... are these Mentor-Mentee BBQ for individuals that are close to take the CPAT ( have low list numbers)?
                That may be the case, not enough people have answered to draw a solid consensus. I was asked to attend a CPAT & FFCMP Information Session between July 23-28th ans then invited to the BBQ.
                What's confusing is why they want to prep candidates for a class that is scheduled/Rumored to start May 2019?
                Exam: 7001
                Score: 104
                List: 6XX

Comment

• The class may start in May, but the CPAT is usually given beforehand. There are still many steps before starting academy. So I think its normal they are starting this training early.

Comment

• Comment

• So I am guessing people below a 9*% won't get called. I got a 95% which is surprising because I didn't get answer 4 questions on the exam, because I didn't want to start early because of my doctoral program. It just so happens, I am definitely not getting called. Haha never thought 95% was a bad grade.

Comment

• And to others in my shoe, they will offer the exam again, just keep your head up high. Find something else to do (NYPD, CO etc.)... and if you are really passionate about this, wait till the next exam and go kill it!

Comment

• Hey everyone, is anyone going to the info session between July23 - 28th?

Comment

• Originally posted by MattJr01 View Post
                            And to others in my shoe, they will offer the exam again, just keep your head up high. Find something else to do (NYPD, CO etc.)... and if you are really passionate about this, wait till the next exam and go kill it!
                            Exactly! I can gladly say this was my 2nd time around. Scored a 98 for exam 2000. Went through the entire process and wasn’t called for the run for the last class. Fortunately, I was able to take the exam over and this time around I scored a 103. If this is your dream job, GO FOR IT!

Comment

• I'm not too sure I got the same packet in the mail with all that information. List #1,814 and they already want me to prepare for cpat and train me starting August

Comment

• Is anyone aware if protest point got added into our scores?

The information I got to go to a review for what they assessed on my protested questions seem pointless if said points were already accounted for.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

300x600 Forums Only

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Lower 970x90

Collapse

Lower 728x90