Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Fdny exam 7001

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TJF493 View Post

I triple checked every answer and disputed everything, I'm positive it didn't show any other answer, and when I asked a proctor she explained that it would add up to a full. But we're all hearing different things from them so I don't know how reliable they are. But I'm 100% positive it didn't show any other answer besides the one I selected.

They showed the correct answers by putting partial credit or full credit next to the answers. So if there were 3 answers and you only selected 2 it'd show this:

*apple (partial )
    orange
    *grape (partial)
    banana(partial)

Showing that you missed partial credit meaning you didnt get all the credits for the question.

If it didn't show that then you got full credit for the question man.
    all i'm saying is that the instructional example didn't put partials on all the right answers. even tho there were two correct answers, it had partial on the selected answer, not both. guess well find out in april.

Comment

• Hey guys need some help . I got 0 wrong in portions 1-4 and got 14 partials in portion 5( personality ) . Can anyone help me with a tentative score? Might not look to good for me . All the help would be appreciated. Thanks

Comment

• Ok, so according to the scoring I noticed on this review I should either recieve a 103 or a 104 (Without protest additives).

I got 1 partial in the reading (May possibly be a full; wasn't too sure)

4 partials in the personality (I protested all 5 so fingers crossed)

Anybody know how the Protest works? If Protest for certain questions are found valid would it alter everyone's score or only those who protested?

Comment

• Originally posted by Afd62 View Post
          Hey guys need some help . I got 0 wrong in portions 1-4 and got 14 partials in portion 5( personality ) . Can anyone help me with a tentative score? Might not look to good for me . All the help would be appreciated. Thanks
          95 without any extra points

Comment

• Originally posted by M4king View Post

95 without any extra points
            Can you walk me through how it is a 95? Thanks. I am not a resident so residency is out the window.

Comment

• Originally posted by Afd62 View Post

Can you walk me through how it is a 95? Thanks. I am not a resident so residency is out the window.
              Scroll back a couple pages. You?ll see the formula that guys on the last exam used to calculate their scores. When the list came out there scores were accurate.

Comment

• Scroll back.

Comment

• How does the protest review work? Does it benefit only those who attend?

Comment

• What?s the estimated date for the list to come out? If anyone knows

Comment

• Originally posted by Nystateofmind68 View Post
                      What?s the estimated date for the list to come out? If anyone knows
                      April 4 2018

Comment

• Anyone else worried about 100/101 being what 98 was like for 2000? I only have 5 partials and residency but it seems like guys are doing a lot better this time around.

Comment

• When do they start collecting info for residency?

Comment

• You guys are gonna end up with high blood pressure by the time medicals roll by lol. Enjoy the holidays and wait until scores with list numbers arrive in the mail. Until then just work out and try not to injure yourself. Best of luck to everyone!

Comment

• Originally posted by JLopez0501 View Post
                              You guys are gonna end up with high blood pressure by the time medicals roll by lol. Enjoy the holidays and wait until scores with list numbers arrive in the mail. Until then just work out and try not to injure yourself. Best of luck to everyone!
                              Best advice I've heard yet but better said than done lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by HopefulFDNY17 View Post
                                Anyone else worried about 100/101 being what 98 was like for 2000? I only have 5 partials and residency but it seems like guys are doing a lot better this time around.
                                Possibly, but I really don't think so. If you think about it, how many people out of the 4x,xxxx are actually on this site? Just a small percentage. Also, not that many people are going to share if they did horribly so I just think it's nerve wrecking since all that is getting posted are good scores at the moment.

Definitely wouldn't stress until after we get our scores in April.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

300x600 Forums Only

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Lower 970x90

Collapse

Lower 728x90