Fdny exam 7001

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dmart View Post

It really is!! Im #40XX and i'm not losing hope! I speak to a bunch of FDNY members and i know a couple Lieutenants - they've all informed me that since the promotion list got extended, they definitely will follow that for our 7001 group. Legit - They all said ( almost in verbatim ) " FDNY needs to hire guys since FF are getting promoted to Lt and a bunch are retiring. All we can do is just wait an see and stay in shape. I'm not giving up hope -neither should you!
    Thats for the hope

Comment

• Originally posted by GO96_10 View Post
      Well that was very disappointing to hear lol hope that is not true
      Sitting at list number 44xx
      Very disappointed

Comment

• Originally posted by ffcandidate7 View Post

That and you don't even need to pass the run anymore, theres really no weeding out the weak anymore
        Thats a disgrace. Don't bother becoming a FF here. Go become a NYC teacher or a garbage man. When I said the academy was a watered down shell of its former self it was because the DI who ran it for 15 or so years left in 2015, nobody believed it. Now probies carry tiny iPads, run with little water fanny packs on their backs so they don't dehydrate, shaving your head is now optional, and removing the ability for DIs to properly eliminate people who never deserved to be there in the first place. Close the EMS backdoor loophole and if you can't pass the baseline physical ability test - you should get thrown out and never allowed back. By the way - 95% of the "injuries" in the academy are only a delay tactic that square rooters use to buy themselves more time to prepare when they should have initially went in ready to go. You are taking a spot from someone who have been prepared and all you are is a future liability to everyone currently on the job. Weed out the mentally and physically weak people who slipped through the cracks while in the academy or the job will be permanently ruined. This is common sense and not controversial.

Comment

It really is!! Im #40XX and i'm not losing hope! I speak to a bunch of FDNY members and i know a couple Lieutenants - they've all informed me that since the promotion list got extended, they definitely will follow that for our 7001 group. Legit - They all said ( almost in verbatim ) " FDNY needs to hire guys since FF are getting promoted to Lt and a bunch are retiring. All we can do is just wait an see and stay in shape. I'm not giving up hope -neither should you!
          I would like to keep things as factual as possible, however, I have now had three active duty members (1ff, 2 BC’s) tell me that the list has been extended one year. They’re only source is hearing that from other guys in the firehouse.
          I can’t back this up with an email from DCAS, but thought you guys would like to know what I’m hearing.

Comment

FYI - Promotional list was never extended. They just paused hiring from the list when the 7001 exam was established in Feb 2018.

Comment

• Its possible this next class can get up to the 2800 mark they are trying to process. Nobody knows the situations of candidates that may have taken but cant now due to covid and money. The first two classes went mid 1500 numbers. And this one barley went 150 to fill 150 which makes me think if not all most of those deferrals have been put into this class. 700 a people a class is a conservative number but its possible they can add more for sure. They speculated up to 1800 for this class and they got to somewhere in the 1700s so they werent far off. Just have to wait and see

Comment

• FYI
                33xx, medical turned from green to yellow today.

Comment

• 19XX did anyone’s background between 1719 and 2800 turn green yet ?

Comment

• Keep reading, keep training, good luck to all. We junior guys are looking forward to finally having all eyes off us when you arrive :-).

Comment

• Originally posted by Psobota View Post
                      19XX did anyone’s background between 1719 and 2800 turn green yet ?
                      179x background has been green since last February received a run letter for may class right before city shut down

Comment

• 183x and still yellow

Comment

• For those of you who redid their medical…were you required to report back to BHS within 48-72 hours so that they could confirm a negative TB test?

Comment

• You can go back or you can go to any doctor or nurse to have it checked you fill out the paper and email it back to them

Comment

• Appreciate you man. I should have assumed it was the full deal, soup to nuts…

Comment

• Hey all, this is my first post here but I am a long time viewer of this forum. Many thanks to all those posting information, opinions, and words of encouragement throughout the years. It has been a long long road from when exam 7001 was first given back in 2017 and like many, I am still anxiously waiting for my number to called. List number just under 3,300 here and I had conducted my medical back in March of 2020 right before the pandemic hit. Currently, my progress status has changed from green to yellow for Background, Drug and Alcohol, Medical, and Psychological. Attached is an email received in May calling up to 2,800 for the October 2021 class. Personally, I think they fill around 2,500 candidates for the October class but who knows. I am hopeful for the possibility of the Spring 2022 class but more likely October 2022. Anyone have any options when my list number my be reached? Just trying to get a better understanding and prepare. Thanks all
                                Last edited by phenom; 06-16-2021, 06:25 PM.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X