Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Fdny exam 7001

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just took the Psych today. You don't really need your intake packet. It just asks you:

What schools you attended / from what years (month & year) / if you graduated / were you expelled.
    What jobs you had / when you worked there (month & year) / disciplinary action against you? / were you fired?
    When you received your license & if there are any restrictions on it & be able to explain what they are.
    If you ever saw a therapist, psychiatrist, or any doctor of the same sorts for any reason.
    If you were in any branch of the military & if you had any disciplinary action against you.

Just be able to give an explanation if there are any yes answers. I think that's it unless anyone can think of something to add. That portion literally takes 4 minutes to fill out & it's at the end of the test.

The test is about 568 questions give or take. You leave after you finish it.

See less | Go to post

Last edited by BklynFDNY89; 02-14-2015, 03:59 PM.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 100
    List: 32xx

Comment

• 02-05-2015, 07:04 AM
      So I had the medical yesterday. There were 21 of us & 1 person passed the stairs, & everyone seemed to have a number in the 2300s. This guy Frank working there said the whole month of February & half of March theyre processing FF candidates at least 20 a day every day. So 6 more weeks of AT LEAST 100 candidates a week & seeing as I'm 23xx, the medicals should break 3000.

Biggest tips I can give: take your pulse yourself & see where you stand in a resting state. If you're below 70, do a little jog in place right before you do your EKG to raise it because if you're less than 70, the chances of you passing are pretty bad. Ex. The guy in the best shape yesterday had a resting rate of 52 & got a 127 max rate in 3 minutes so he failed. Another guy was nervous & had a resting rate of 92, after 3 minutes he had 160 & he passed & put the vest on.. You see how ridiculous that works? So up your beat before taking the EKG, remember that.. When you get the 5:12 with the vest, breathe through your nose & breathe slowly & deeply. Try to do 3 or 4 steps inhale / 3 or 4 steps exhale, you need a rhythm. Focus on positive thoughts & tell yourself to keep a low heart rate.

You should be out by 2.. Earlier, if people just take a quick lunch.

Oh, also, it was mentioned before but if you have your TB immunization, bring record of it because it'll save you from needing to see a doctor within 3-4 days. I got the shot yesterday & need to see a doctor on Friday or Saturday & either fax the medical office or bring them a signed letter saying that a doctor has okayed me. You can go to the metrotech medical to get it done if you have time.

Comment

• 01-25-2015, 02:53 PM
        Just a heads up to the guys going to intake in a couple weeks. Show up 45 mins early. I was the 4th person to arrive & I was out by 10:30. People who showed up 10 mins before we were supposed to I guarantee were there till at least 2.

Comment

• in Hiring & Employment Discussion

12-12-2014, 08:55 AM
          Required Documents for Firefighter Candidate Processing (Originals required unless otherwise stated)

Citizenship (Bring any one of these documents if you currently have it)
          - Original or certified copy of U.S. Birth Certificate, U.S. Passport, Consular Report of Birth Abroad, Certificate of Naturalization, Certificate of Citizenship. U.S Citizenship is required at the time of hire.

Social Security Card
          - Original Signed Card

Social Security Detailed Earnings Statement
          - Must be obtained IN PERSON from a Social Security Office. Do not request this document by mail as the Social Security Administration can take up to four months to respond to a MAILED request.

Driver's License
          - Current Driver's License at in-take if you have one. A valid New York State Driver's License is required at the time of hire.

Education and Experience (Education and Experience must be established by the time of hire.)
          - Four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent - AND - proof of ANY ONE of the following Qualifications.
          -- A. 15 College Credits
          -- B. Full time U.S. Military Service with an honorable discharge -- DD214 or most Recent Military Orders plus Military ID card AND if applicable, correspondence from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs regarding any disability determination.
          -- C. Six months of satisfactory full-time, paid work experience -- can be established by six months of pay statements or letter from current or prior employer.

Source of Income/Support
          - Your last 2 pay stubs or other acceptable proof of income (pay stubs, unemployment, worker's comp, public assistance)

Proof of Current Residence
          - THREE documents proving CURRENT residence from the following list REFLECTING ACTIVITY within the past 60 days where appropriate: mortgage or lease, cable bill, telephone or cell phone bill, checking or savings account statement, credit card statement, utility bill (gas, electric, or water), most recent Form W-2 from your employer.

References
          - Names and addresses of THREE Personal Character References. DO NOT use relatives or current or former FDNY employees.

Money Order
          - Must be in the EXACT amount of $75 (No Personal Checks). NO NOT write anything on the money order until you are given instructions at the time of the background investigation interview.

NYC Residency Credit
          - If you are claiming the NYC residency credit, bring in those documents specified in the Firefighter Notice Of Examination and/or the Alternative NYC Residency Credit Documents form. Bring in entire original statements. ALL PAGES.

Veterans Credit
          - If you are claiming any Veterans' credit, bring in your DD-214. If you are also claiming Disabled Veterans' credit, bring in documentation from the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs specifying that you have a service connected disability which has been rated at least 10 percent.

Court Dispositions
          - If you have been arrested OR convicted of ANY offense (other than non-criminal traffic offenses) you must bring the original court disposition(s), and if applicable Certificates of Relief from Disabilities or Good Conduct.

LIST OF ACCEPTABLE DOCUMENTS (all documents must be UNEXPIRED)
          ----Employees may present one from List A or a combination of one selection from List B and one from List C----

List A *Documents that Establish Both Identity and Employment Authorization*
          - U.S. Passport or U.S. Passport Card
          - Permanent Resident Card or Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-551)
          - Foreign passport that contatins a temporary I-551 stamp or temporary I-551 printed notation on a machine-readable immigrant visa.
          - Employment Authorization Document that contains a photograph (Form I-766)
          - For a nonimmigrant alien authorized to work for a specific employer because of his or her status:
          --A. Foreign passport; and
          --B. Form I-94 or Form I-94A that has the following:
          ---1. The same name as the passport; and
          ---2. An endorsement of the alien's nonimmigrant status as long as that period of endorsement has not yet expired and the proposed employment is not in conflict with any restrictions or limitations identified on the form.
          - Passport from the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM) or the Republic of the Marshall Islands (RMI) with Form I-94 or Form I-94A indicating nonimmigrant admission under the Compact of Free Association Between the United States and the FSM or RMI.

List B *Documents that Establish Identity*
          - Driver's license or ID card issued by a State or outlying possession of the United States provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color, and address.
          - ID card issued by federal, state or local government agencies or entities, provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color, and address.
          - School ID card with a photograph,
          - Voter's registration card
          - U.S. Military card or draft record
          - Military dependent's ID card
          - U.S Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card
          - Native American tribal document
          - Driver's license issued by a Canadian government authority
          *For persons Under 18*
          - School record or report card
          - Clinic, doctor, or hospital record
          - Day-care or nursery school record

List C *Documents that Establish Employment Authorization*
          - A Social Security Account Number card, unless the card includes one of the following restrictions:
          -- A. NOT VALID FOR EMPLOYMENT
          -- B. VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH INS AUTHORIZATION
          -- C. VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH DHS AUTHORIZATION
          - Certification of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State (Form FS-545)
          - Certification or Report of Birth issued by the Department of State (Form DS-1350)
          - Original or certified copy of birth certificate issued by a State, county, municipal authority, or territory of the United States bearing an official seal
          - Native American tribal document
          - U.S. Citizen ID Card (Form I-197)
          - Identification Card for Use of Resident Citizen in the Unites States (Form I-179)
          - Empoyment authorization document issued by the Department of Homeland Security

Aside from everything I just mentioned from the documents that were given in the packet, pretty much everything is included on the Notice of Examination on the FDNY site.
          See less | Go to post
          Last edited by BklynFDNY89; 12-12-2014, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• That last post was the requirements when I went through it. Things may have been added but understand you don't have to worry about all those documents until you meet the investigator.

Comment

• 12-12-2014, 09:31 AM
              I remember from a while ago, people said during a later step (I think the psych) a "cheat sheet" would be extremely helpful from the information that we provided in an earlier step. Can anyone shed some light on this?

12-12-2014, 10:12 AM
              Originally posted by fndyoneday View Post
              A cheat sheet meaning after you complete the psych you have to fill out a small packet with info like jobs with start and end dates, moving violations etc. so I guess it's easier to write it down and just copy it then trying to remember stuff straight from taking the psych exam..

Originally posted by FDNYlist2000 View Post
              Fdnyoneday is correct. The Intake packet you fill out with all the schools you attended, jobs you've had, any police involvement to include moving violations, with dates for everything shows up again on the psych. I believe the places you've lived is on there as well. Either way, filling out the intake packet can be a pain as you are constantly trying to remember dates and places. Imagine turning that in and after answering like 1 million multiple choice questions they ask you to do it again off the top of your head. I saw some guys made a copy of their intake packet. They used the info as a cheat sheet. It was brilliant. I just had to tough it out by memory. No one during my psych got in trouble for it, though I couldn't tell you if it is officially allowed, but it couldn't hurt to make a copy and when you get there, ask if you can take it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by BklynFDNY89 View Post
                12-12-2014, 09:31 AM
                I remember from a while ago, people said during a later step (I think the psych) a "cheat sheet" would be extremely helpful from the information that we provided in an earlier step. Can anyone shed some light on this?

12-12-2014, 10:12 AM
                Originally posted by fndyoneday View Post
                A cheat sheet meaning after you complete the psych you have to fill out a small packet with info like jobs with start and end dates, moving violations etc. so I guess it's easier to write it down and just copy it then trying to remember stuff straight from taking the psych exam..

Originally posted by FDNYlist2000 View Post
                Fdnyoneday is correct. The Intake packet you fill out with all the schools you attended, jobs you've had, any police involvement to include moving violations, with dates for everything shows up again on the psych. I believe the places you've lived is on there as well. Either way, filling out the intake packet can be a pain as you are constantly trying to remember dates and places. Imagine turning that in and after answering like 1 million multiple choice questions they ask you to do it again off the top of your head. I saw some guys made a copy of their intake packet. They used the info as a cheat sheet. It was brilliant. I just had to tough it out by memory. No one during my psych got in trouble for it, though I couldn't tell you if it is officially allowed, but it couldn't hurt to make a copy and when you get there, ask if you can take it out.

With your score and list number how long did it take you to get called from your test date?

Comment

• so how does every think they did?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jt256 View Post
                    so how does every think they did?
                    TBH, I studied really hard for this test. On exam 2000 I got a 98. I made a few mistakes on that test though, like not taking notes all 3 times watching the video and a few other things with the personality part. This time around I took notes all 3 times while watching the video and studied the personality part more. I honestly feel like i got 103-105 (including residency points). My protest session is November 4rth. I will see how i did then. cant wait for the actual list to come out. Goodluck everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by FDNYFIT19 View Post

TBH, I studied really hard for this test. On exam 2000 I got a 98. I made a few mistakes on that test though, like not taking notes all 3 times watching the video and a few other things with the personality part. This time around I took notes all 3 times while watching the video and studied the personality part more. I honestly feel like i got 103-105 (including residency points). My protest session is November 4rth. I will see how i did then. cant wait for the actual list to come out. Goodluck everyone.
                      I made a few mistakes because I was nervous as hell takin the exam. More nervous than I?ve ever been takin any other city exam. Think that?s mainly because I want the job badly. I was def able to catch 4 mistakes and correct them..hope I was able to land at least a 100

Comment

• I took it on 10/2 and I think I did pretty good, I actually studied my *** off, went to the FDNY Study Sessions, and paid $40 bucks for the Jobtestprep.com, I think it was worth it, the questions weren't exactly the same formatting but it does get you in the same mindset you need while taking the exam, also I feel like it gave me a refresher and woke up some brain cells lol just got my mind thinking and reading the questions and answers better and clearer. I think it definately helped with the personality portion of it, although again the questions werent the same, it gave me the same idea of how to answer them. I literally was the last person to walk out of the room, I felt like the 2 ladies there were like waiting for me thinking "WTF bro FINISH!" But this is the most important test I'll ever take so I took my sweet time and went back on each section to make sure I didnt miss any questions or that I read every question correctly which was useful because there was like 1 or 2 questions that stated "Choose MORE THAN ONE answer" and I had only chosen one. I even took the Survey at the end, they said you didn't have to but I took it anyways, honestly it looks like it somehow would be included in the actual test because it asked some more personality questions and like reasons why you want to join FDNY. This is literally like my #1 priority right now. I am going to the review session on 11/4 so I can kind of gauge how I did, depending how many questions I got wrong, I'll have a pretty good idea of what the score should be.

Hopefully I got atleast a 95 or 96 so that I could range about a 100 or 101 with the residency points but ofcourse I hope i got 100 so I could get a 105.

I am really curious to see how many people there will be with Legacy credits, I feel like there will be less people with the legacy credit this time around. I hope so! So that more of us can have a shot

Best of Luck to Everyone though, I wish we could all get it.

Comment

• I think we can all agree that using your social security number to determine your spot on the list is stupid and unfair, like those are things we can't control. I feel like a fair way would have been to use the date & time you applied to take the exam. I applied the first week they posted it up. It should be based on how quickly you jumped on it which reflects how bad you wanted this job.

Comment

• Sent a few pms, but if any of you can send the Vulcan Guide my way I'd forever be in your debt.

Comment

• I feel like I did good. I watched each video three times and took notes all three times. I went to the FDNY tutorial session and they said to not take notes the first time around. I feel like telling folks that was a mistake... as taking notes the first time really helped me to clarify them with the remaining two chances to watch the video. I'm just waiting on the FDNY investigator to contact me, though I am not sure how long or when that will happen.

Comment

• BklynFDNY89 I have been reading through your posts during the week and I want to tank you for posting your experiences.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

300x600 Forums Only

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Lower 970x90

Collapse

Lower 728x90