Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Fdny exam 7001

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How often are you given exams and quizzes in the academy? Also odd to ask but do the quizzes count because in other PD academies they don?t they?re just a way to gauge where you stand academically

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Robby1993 View Post
      How often are you given exams and quizzes in the academy? Also odd to ask but do the quizzes count because in other PD academies they don?t they?re just a way to gauge where you stand academically
      Quizzes are roughly once a week... 12 quizzes ,1 midterm (counts for 3 quizzes),1 final (counts for 5 quizzes)...

      they count for the academic portion of your grade which is 50% of your final average. Here?s how your final grade is calculated:
      50% Academic
      30% hands on test
      20% FST (function skills test)

      Comment


      • Anyone in 2000s get medical yet?? I feel like they?re stuck right in front of me

        Comment


        • Anyone ever called in for Psych, or did your Psych tab turn green along with the medical and drug/alcohol?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Jimmyblanks View Post
            Anyone in 2000s get medical yet?? I feel like they?re stuck right in front of me
            U prolly wouldn't get in until the March class so u have enough time to relax. They'll get to u
            Exam: 7001
            Score: 103
            List: 1,1xx
            Cpat: 10/31/18
            Intake: 2/22/19
            Medical: 4/8/19

            Comment


            • Originally posted by TJF493 View Post

              Quizzes are roughly once a week... 12 quizzes ,1 midterm (counts for 3 quizzes),1 final (counts for 5 quizzes)...

              they count for the academic portion of your grade which is 50% of your final average. Here?s how your final grade is calculated:
              50% Academic
              30% hands on test
              20% FST (function skills test)
              Thank you very much for the information.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Jimmyblanks View Post
                Anyone in 2000s get medical yet?? I feel like they?re stuck right in front of me
                List :#20**
                Cpat :08/2018
                Intake : 3/19/19
                Medical :09/6/19
                Run :TBD

                Check your portal, that’s how I found out, I didn’t receive a letter for my medical, so I called the CID# to see what documents I needed bring. They will email you want you need to bring just in case you didn’t receive the letter

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Chali7 View Post

                  List :#20**
                  Cpat :08/2018
                  Intake : 3/19/19
                  Medical :09/6/19
                  Run :TBD

                  Check your portal, that’s how I found out, I didn’t receive a letter for my medical, so I called the CID# to see what documents I needed bring. They will email you want you need to bring just in case you didn’t receive the letter

                  I didn’t see anything in my portal I’m the backend of 2000 I’m right before 2100 we’re you towards the begging of 2000s?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Chali7 View Post

                    List :#20**
                    Cpat :08/2018
                    Intake : 3/19/19
                    Medical :09/6/19
                    Run :TBD

                    Check your portal, that’s how I found out, I didn’t receive a letter for my medical, so I called the CID# to see what documents I needed bring. They will email you want you need to bring just in case you didn’t receive the letter
                    Your medical turn green yet
                    Exam: 7001
                    Score: 103
                    List: 1,1xx
                    Cpat: 10/31/18
                    Intake: 2/22/19
                    Medical: 4/8/19

                    Comment


                    • Make sure you guys are checking the portal. I had my medical last week and only 7 out of 25 people showed up. None of us who showed up received the medical packet in the mail.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by nycm1 View Post
                        Make sure you guys are checking the portal. I had my medical last week and only 7 out of 25 people showed up. None of us who showed up received the medical packet in the mail.
                        Under what tab would it show that you have a medical scheduled?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Nystateofmind68 View Post

                          Under what tab would it show that you have a medical scheduled?
                          The Appointments tab

                          Comment


                          • D e l e t e d

                            Comment


                            • Thank you !

                              Comment


                              • While you guys are waiting to get called for whatever your next step is, you all should be training your asses off to be as prepared as humanly possible for the academy. It is no joke. Take it from someone who is currently on the job. There are resources out there outside of the department. As great as the FAP is, it is not nearly enough. Any questions feel free to message me privately.

                                Comment

                                300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                                Collapse

                                Upper 300x250

                                Collapse

                                Taboola

                                Collapse

                                Leader

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X