Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Fdny exam 7001

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Storo21 View Post

My mentor reached out to me. One of his other candidates who is in the double digits on the list just received his for Dec 10.

Heads on a swivel guys, it'll be here before we know it.
    Curious how far down the list they usually go per class...Can anyone provide insight here?

Comment

• Hi guys. I?m just catching up on the forum for this list. Quite a resource. Just wanted to chip in my unsolicited two cents for the last couple questions...

-for the guy with the CPAT card: if you don?t have any issues, then don?t sign the card. Whatever maladies are on the flip side, if you don?t have them, don?t let your Dr. sign it.

If you do, and you want to take it anyway, no need to drive 3 hours, any walk-in clinic or emergent care place will do for a signature.

If you lie about it, they WILL find out, and you will either be DQ?d or maybe die. Google Jamel Sears...

-to the guy who mentioned that 12/10 ?will be here before you know it,? it is my humble opinion that it is already here, in the sense that if someone thinks they can prepare for the fire academy in 10 days, they are going to be in for a rude awakening. I would hope that they?ve been preparing for quite some time.

-to the guy asking about list numbers to make a class... early classes, 3-1. Mid-list classes 5-1. ?Bottom of the barrel,? 7+-1.

Not that it matters right now, since this is all ems promo for this class.

Comment

• Originally posted by CogInTheMachine View Post
        -to the guy who mentioned that 12/10 ?will be here before you know it,? it is my humble opinion that it is already here, in the sense that if someone thinks they can prepare for the fire academy in 10 days, they are going to be in for a rude awakening. I would hope that they?ve been preparing for quite some time.
        I was saying the letter for our medical will be here before we know it, not the academy.

Comment

• Preparation is something we have some control over. The mail... not so much...

Just out of curiosity, what kind of backgrounds are you guys coming from? EMS? Something else?

Comment

Preparation is something we have some control over. The mail... not so much...

Just out of curiosity, what kind of backgrounds are you guys coming from? EMS? Something else?
            US Army - 31B Military Police - OEF 2012

Comment

Hi guys. I?m just catching up on the forum for this list. Quite a resource. Just wanted to chip in my unsolicited two cents for the last couple questions...

-for the guy with the CPAT card: if you don?t have any issues, then don?t sign the card. Whatever maladies are on the flip side, if you don?t have them, don?t let your Dr. sign it.

If you do, and you want to take it anyway, no need to drive 3 hours, any walk-in clinic or emergent care place will do for a signature.

If you lie about it, they WILL find out, and you will either be DQ?d or maybe die. Google Jamel Sears...

-to the guy asking about list numbers to make a class... early classes, 3-1. Mid-list classes 5-1. ?Bottom of the barrel,? 7+-1.

Not that it matters right now, since this is all ems promo for this class.
              I asked about the list numbers. I definitely appreciate your help; it was just a little confusing. I'm #19XX; would you have a ballpark window of what class I may be in?

Comment

• At 3:1, assuming 300 in a class, means 900 list numbers to fill it. If you get lucky, 2nd class. Possibly 3rd.

Lots of hurdles along the way to remove people from the process. That HR threshold on the stairs is a big one...

Comment

• Good Evening All,

I have a few questions and I'm hoping some of you can offer some insight.

1.) What was the highest list number reached on Firefighter Exam # 2000? I have spoken to several people who's list numbers are 10,000+ for Firefighter Exam # 7001, and they seem pretty hopeful.
                  2.) Would you say I have a hireable list number at 4,0XX? Unfortunately I never knew about the protest so I am at a disadvantage.
                  3.) When should I start training for the CPAT with that list number?

Comment

• 4 year list.
                    2 classes per year.
                    300 per class.
                    At 3 candidates to make 1 probie: List #7200

At 4000, you?re in the mix. At 10k, you?re not.

Did you check the exam 2000 thread? It might mention how high the list went.

You are not at a disadvantage because you missed the protest. You are at a disadvantage because you have elected to be, and worse, chosen to publicly air your lamentation. Woe is you.

If a test answer is changed, everyone gets the credit, so you can cheer up.

Regarding the CPAT; if you are only working up to that... ?test,? probie school is going to destroy you.

Comment

• Hey CogInTheMachine, thank you for taking the time out to reply though you did so in a very self-righteous tone.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZuckerbergJ View Post
                        Good Evening All,

I have a few questions and I'm hoping some of you can offer some insight.

1.) What was the highest list number reached on Firefighter Exam # 2000? I have spoken to several people who's list numbers are 10,000+ for Firefighter Exam # 7001, and they seem pretty hopeful.
                        2.) Would you say I have a hireable list number at 4,0XX? Unfortunately I never knew about the protest so I am at a disadvantage.
                        3.) When should I start training for the CPAT with that list number?
                        1. Exam 2000 reached 58xx. They processed up to 61xx
                        2. Yes you should be good with that list number, it will be a couple of years.
                        3. Just get in the gym now. Don?t worry about passing the cpat, just consistently be in the gym each week and you?ll be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by FDHopeful23 View Post

1. Exam 2000 reached 58xx. They processed up to 61xx
                          2. Yes you should be good with that list number, it will be a couple of years.
                          3. Just get in the gym now. Don?t worry about passing the cpat, just consistently be in the gym each week and you?ll be fine.
                          Thank you very much FDHopeful23. I assumed I'd be waiting between 3-4 years before getting called in which gives me plenty of time to focus on other aspects of my life as well as preparing physically and mentally for the job.

Good luck on your journey.

I'll direct my questions to you from now on if that's alright. Seems like you're genuinely willing to offer some insight without the unnecessary comments.

Comment

• I have a couple of questions regarding the CPAT. Does anyone know what list number they're up to? and are the next round of applicants called after this group finishes their CPAT? I'm in the 58xx, Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by davtra200 View Post
                              I have a couple of questions regarding the CPAT. Does anyone know what list number they're up to? and are the next round of applicants called after this group finishes their CPAT? I'm in the 58xx, Thanks.
                              The lowest list number I know personally was in the 2000s and he took the CPAT about 3 weeks ago.

Comment

• What tier rating are we going to be hired under? I heard tier 6 is really bad, it only includes 10% of your OT toward retirement. Does military time count? I have 17 years and 10 years active. Also, USPS scanned a piece of mail from the FDNY today. I have already completed the CPAT and intake. List# 2XX

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

300x600 Forums Only

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Lower 970x90

Collapse

Lower 728x90