Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

NJ Civil Service 2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Libertas85 View Post

Congratulations! I also received my JC certification notice last week and hand delivered it to city hall. This afternoon I received my notice to take the physical examination via email. The test is scheduled for march 15th down in somerset.Excited that this dream is starting to become a reality. Time to crank up my workouts
    Weird because Paterson also have their physical for the same date and place ..Im wondering if Csc is advising jurisdiction to schedule people for physical to have a update list and not necessarily because they are hiring, being that this process is long ..if that the case there will be alotttt of upset/anxious people when they dont hear back for a while ..even though the first thing that say on the certification is this does not guarantee a position

Comment

• Libertas85 what number were you on the list? Does anyone know what number Jersey City is up to?

Comment

• Originally posted by WFD115 View Post
        I noticed there isn't a page for this years Civil Service exam for Entry Level Firefighter. The CSC website states that the test will be announced July 1st and the open application period will run until August 31st. The test is currently planned for the fall of 2015. Post anything you guys think is relevant or any questions and hopefully we can help each other out. Good luck to everyone!

http://www.state.nj.us/csc/seekers/jobs/safety/

Comment

• Originally posted by done21 View Post
          Libertas85 what number were you on the list? Does anyone know what number Jersey City is up to?
          Did you get your certification notice yet? What was your original ranking?

Comment

• Originally posted by EJ228 View Post

Weird because Paterson also have their physical for the same date and place ..Im wondering if Csc is advising jurisdiction to schedule people for physical to have a update list and not necessarily because they are hiring, being that this process is long ..if that the case there will be alotttt of upset/anxious people when they dont hear back for a while ..even though the first thing that say on the certification is this does not guarantee a position
            What's the date and location for the physical? I never received an email from NJCSC after I responded to the notice of certification

Comment

• Originally posted by subarurally90 View Post

What's the date and location for the physical? I never received an email from NJCSC after I responded to the notice of certification
              The physical will be held on march 15th at the Somerset Armory

Comment

• Originally posted by done21 View Post
                Libertas85 what number were you on the list? Does anyone know what number Jersey City is up to?
                It appears that JC is in the #90-100 range for candidates

Comment

• I think the plan with the new testing process is they are anticipating a concurrent 2 or 3 year lists from now on and certifying people only once in effort to avert any unnecessary time and money expenditures. which means if you have not yet been certified, it's likely you will not be for the duration of this list. So if you are one of the unfortunates who have not been certified, i wouldn't sweat, since the testing process will move along more swiftly. this will allow you another opportunity to test again in a couple years rather than the last time where you had to wait over 5 years if you bombed. Being that we are already a full year into this list, its likely notifications for another entry-level exam will be coming soon. Don't take any of this info to the grave, this is just my guess.

side note; now that the physical is not competitive and just pass/fail, you wont have to worry about training hard for it. if you cant complete that physical in under 5 minutes, personally, i don't think you're fit to be a FF.
                  Last edited by Firstdue84; 02-17-2017, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firstdue84 View Post
                    I think the plan with the new testing process is they are anticipating a concurrent 2 or 3 year lists from now on and certifying people only once in effort to avert any unnecessary time and money expenditures. which means if you have not yet been certified, it's likely you will not be for the duration of this list. So if you are one of the unfortunates who have not been certified, i wouldn't sweat, since the testing process will move along more swiftly. this will allow you another opportunity to test again in a couple years rather than the last time where you had to wait over 5 years if you bombed. Being that we are already a full year into this list, its likely notifications for another entry-level exam will be coming soon. Don't take any of this info to the grave, this is just my guess.

side note; now that the physical is not competitive and just pass/fail, you wont have to worry about training hard for it. if you cant complete that physical in under 5 minutes, personally, i don't think you're fit to be a FF.

i agree 100% ...csc is trying to use the LEE format in where they administrate the test every 3 year ..make no sense how LEE comes out every 3 years and for fire fighter you had to wait 5 plus year ..that just way to long..i suppose sign ups for the new Fire test will come out some time in july 18 but for now i just dont see paterson hiring after hiring 52 new fire fighter ..if anything the city is trying to expand their law enforcment i heard about 100 new officer with the new list that comes out .

Comment

• did anyone here get hired from the 2015 test?

Comment

• Originally posted by FFsomeday View Post
                        did anyone here get hired from the 2015 test?
                        Not many towns are hiring so I doubt it...most of the towns hired alot of guys prior the closing of the 2010 list due to the way the grant deadline are.

Comment

• Originally posted by FFsomeday View Post
                          did anyone here get hired from the 2015 test?
                          Jersey City and Newark already put firefighters through the academy. Two of the biggest departments in the state. Not many other municipalities seem to be hiring as of yet. Take this with a grain of salt but there is a rumor floating around that 2015 list might be extended
                          Last edited by Libertas85; 02-20-2017, 09:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Libertas85 View Post

Jersey City and Newark already put firefighters through the academy. Two of the biggest departments in the state. Not many other municipalities seem to be hiring as of yet. Take this with a grain of salt but there is a rumor floating around that 2015 list might be extended
                            Newark has yet to hire off the 2015 list... how ever... they will be hiring I hear about 62 soon... JC has hired two classes off the list... Irvington, Kearny, East Orange, Clifton, Nutley, Paterson and Perth Amboy all have hired off this list plus more... I did get hired for one of the previous mentioned towns.

Comment

• Originally posted by doc13mets View Post

Newark has yet to hire off the 2015 list... how ever... they will be hiring I hear about 62 soon... JC has hired two classes off the list... Irvington, Kearny, East Orange, Clifton, Nutley, Paterson and Perth Amboy all have hired off this list plus more... I did get hired for one of the previous mentioned towns.
                              Paterson have NOT hire of this new list ..last class paterson put in graduated last may of 25 that come out of the 2010 list ..I was certified for that class ..

Comment

• Originally posted by doc13mets View Post

I stand corrected
                                Last edited by Libertas85; 02-21-2017, 10:39 AM.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

300x600 Forums Only

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Lower 970x90

Collapse

Lower 728x90