Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can I do to make up for my driving history.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the first thing you can do is to slow down. Your lack of respect for established rules is going to hurt you. Driving too fast is bad enough, but even worse in my book is parking in front of a handicapped spot. It's important to note that you are going into a profession that helps people in their time of need. That's why this one resonates so much with me.

You have established a pattern. Each subsequent event reinforces the pattern. The best thing you can do is to break the pattern. The only way to do this is with time. The longer the better in your case.

Additionally, you will most likely not be able to get hired as an EMT due to your driving record. At least that's the way it is in California. There will be those who tell you that you can do anything you set a goal for (I too believe that), however this may be out of your control as no Fire Chief wants to take a chance on someone who is going to put the department in a bad light. It's up to you to convince us that you are not a risk. Again, time is your best friend.
    Paul Lepore
    Division Chief
    Aspiringfirefighters.com
    AspiringFireOfficers.com

Comment

Most departments look at a 2-4 year driving record, and want no more than 3-4 moving violations in that time frame. If you are still eligible to do traffic school for any of your more recent violations, do it. I did and it made me eligible in the most recent recruitment I was a part of. Just make sure you follow up on it so the DMV or whatever in your state removes the violation from your record. That, and stop driving so fast! If you want to be a firefighter, you have to obey the law, we are public servants. And if you get violations in the future, do traffic school as soon as your eligible. Part of growing up bud.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X