X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I3akdraf
    replied
    Originally posted by MiniRide View Post
    Got the call today! Got the job pending my medical next week!!!
    Me and you both. Godspeed and i'll prolly see you there.

Leave a comment:

• MiniRide
    replied
    Got the call today! Got the job pending my medical next week!!!

Leave a comment:

• MiniRide
    replied
    I can only assume early April. All would depend on the start date of the academy.

Leave a comment:

• I3akdraf
    replied
    Originally posted by MiniRide View Post
    I was on the phone with 4 different investigators all day yesterday trying to get all my contacts contacted. My Background is completed.. Just waiting on my medical letter now..
    Yeah same here mini. Any idea when that will be? Sometime in april maybe?

Leave a comment:

• MiniRide
    replied
    I was on the phone with 4 different investigators all day yesterday trying to get all my contacts contacted. My Background is completed.. Just waiting on my medical letter now..

Leave a comment:

• wonjun1025
    replied
    They are accepting applications again on 4/6-4/20.

Leave a comment:

• Paratrooper
    replied
    Lately they have been doing a hiring process once a year. Word is another one starts in April.

Leave a comment:

• StrangerDanger14
    replied
    Don't mean to hack the thread, just curious if PGFD hires on a constant basis (once a year, every other year etc?) Missed last years process for lack of paying attention to the site, trying to avoid that a second time. Thanks for any input

Leave a comment:

• fire34fighter
    replied
    in talking with a lot of the people who work for the department your investigators have a lot to do with your process and how you progress.
    Last edited by fire34fighter; 02-28-2012, 06:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wonjun1025
    replied
    I know I definitely got a jumpstart. I already had my CPAT, and they definitely made some accomodation because I'm an out of state applicant. But you also have to remember that regardless of your test score, if you're not dotting your i's and crossing your Ts on your application or bluebook, you may get looked over. Also, simple things like a credit score can also get you booted off the hiring pool. It also seems like the investigators are actually the ones who recommends certain candidates to the fire department. I may be wrong
    Last edited by wonjun1025; 02-23-2012, 08:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• letsgo1547
    replied
    oh well i guess its on to the next one

Leave a comment:

• MiniRide
    replied
    I feel like the guys who did have the CPAT got a jump start, but my friend and I passed on the first practice day and we both got called to start the backgrounds and our psych.

Originally posted by Jasper173 View Post
    I would inquire as to who had their CPAT certificate versus who took the CPAT. My conspiracy theory (which it really wouldn't be a conspiracy) is that they took who they wanted from the 150 or so who had their CPAT certificates. When people started talking about interviews/backgrounds going on in October, and interviews being completed a few weeks after the actual CPAT test seemed to be a little too quick to be true to be honest. Certainly not a conspiracy in that the folks that fell into the 150 would save for some minor details be no more or less qualified than anyone else. If anything, you could argue that those 150 were more "interested" seeing as how they already had passed a CPAT. Now there's an equally possible chance that I am completely out of my mind.

Leave a comment:

• Jasper173
    replied
    I would inquire as to who had their CPAT certificate versus who took the CPAT. My conspiracy theory (which it really wouldn't be a conspiracy) is that they took who they wanted from the 150 or so who had their CPAT certificates. When people started talking about interviews/backgrounds going on in October, and interviews being completed a few weeks after the actual CPAT test seemed to be a little too quick to be true to be honest. Certainly not a conspiracy in that the folks that fell into the 150 would save for some minor details be no more or less qualified than anyone else. If anything, you could argue that those 150 were more "interested" seeing as how they already had passed a CPAT. Now there's an equally possible chance that I am completely out of my mind.

Leave a comment:

• MiniRide
    replied
    That's strange because that's what he has. I haven't heard anything since I went for my Initial background and psych, I have an 89 on the test and a Bachelor's degree.

Leave a comment:

• letsgo1547
    replied
    yep i have my EMT and i have 60 college credits

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader