No announcement yet.

Prince George's County,MD Firefighter/EMT 2011. closes 5-20-11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes they are going to hiring from this test. this is the department you want to take the test for.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson7673 View Post
      yes they are going to hiring from this test. this is the department you want to take the test for.
      Thank god..I think I might want this more then FDNY

Comment

Griff I wouldn't worry about what kind of boots you will be issued... Being a career firefighter for PGFD is AMAZING. This is a department full of outstanding firefighters who aren't worried about the gear they are issued or staffing levels, they simply get the job done! As for the work force in Prince George's there are roughly 800 uniformed employees and the chief is looking to increase that number to 1250. Worry about passing the test and CPAT then worry about buying leather boots.

Comment

LoL..I'm guessing your an employee?

Comment

I am taking the written on Tuesday and also interested in hearing more information from verified sources. This site can be a great resource but it seems that it sometimes is more harmful than helpful. There is a time and a place for hazing/insulting newbies/rookies, what-have-you, but not when people who are legitimately working hard to acquire a job are trying to get more information. 1st In, if your information is sincere, it sounds very promising. I would love to hear more from you or any other person who is truly "in-the-know." Good luck to all participating in this process.

Comment

"As for the work force in Prince George's there are roughly 800 uniformed employees and the chief is looking to increase that number to 1250. "

Well if he does, it's going to take a lot of funding to raise the current level from 800 to 1250 and I don't think the current budget can afford it, but then again this is P.G. County and stranger things have happened.

And just for clairification, you won't necessarily be riding the engine your first time out. Some will end up on the ambulance, paramedic ambulance or medic unit before you actually get on the engine/truck/squad.

Depending on where you get assigned will determine what type of calls you will see.

And as someone already stated depending on where you are assigned working with the volunteers can be a good or bad experience depending on the personnel.

Comment

The increase in staffing is not immediate, that would be impossible seeing as how the county is laying off teachers. There are allegedly 100 positions approved for 2012. The classes will be in January and March. This will be the start of up-staffing. The three classes that were hired in 2011 are simply to fill the vacancies the department has currently.

Comment

I hate having to ride an ambulance..I mean I understand that I need to, in order to eventually ride a truck..100 slots isn't bad, does anyone know how many usually test?

Comment

Does anyone know How important/what are they looking for when they do their credit check?

Comment

i think it was about 1500 that tested last year.the credit check i dont remeber how in depth it was.

Comment

i think it was about 1500 that tested last year.the credit check i dont remeber how in depth it was.
                        my wife and I are <$5000 just wondering if I should try to clean it up a little bit, in the event that it is just cut and dry here is your score, these are your judgments or if you have a chance to explain what is going on to an investigator or like..at least on paper..

Comment

i think as long as you have a good credit score you will be fine.they just check your credit. during my meetings with the investigators it was never brought up. i never received anything from prince george's county about my credit check either.

Comment

i think as long as you have a good credit score you will be fine.they just check your credit. during my meetings with the investigators it was never brought up. i never received anything from prince george's county about my credit check either.

See, that is the issue..I think my score is low 600s high 500s..just hate to get gigged on a number

Comment

if i was you call the hr dept and find out from them to be sure what they are looking at with the credit check.

Comment

Thnx..I need to call down there tommorrow to try and switch my test time to the afternoon session..

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X