Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Getmeouttahere View Post
    Quick question,
    I've heard a few different things, anyone know what the deal is regarding promotions in PG? I've been told you need to become a paramedic to promote, then I heard they were doing away with that.... anyone know?

And, yes, I know none of us have the job yet so why worry about promoting, I'm just curious.

Thanks.
    As of now, you need to be a medic. My friend hasn't heard of any changes and he is in the department.

Comment

• Does anybody know what the fleet of PGFD consist of, and how many there are of each?

Comment

• Originally posted by wonjun1025 View Post
        Does anybody know what the fleet of PGFD consist of, and how many there are of each?
        some fire engines and fire trucks, a few squads, a lot of ambulance and medic units.

if you really want to find out browse the website for a while and you'll be able to see what each station has.....not really sure why you'd need to know this..

Comment

• Originally posted by somebody509 View Post
          some fire engines and fire trucks, a few squads, a lot of ambulance and medic units.

if you really want to find out browse the website for a while and you'll be able to see what each station has.....not really sure why you'd need to know this..
          I've had oral board questions asking me how many stations, rigs, calls last year, etc...I just want to be fully prepared because I've bombed oral boards that asked those questions.

Comment

I've had oral board questions asking me how many stations, rigs, calls last year, etc...I just want to be fully prepared because I've bombed oral boards that asked those questions.
            Copy that. Your oral board will be situational based question(unless they change it for some reason)

Comment

Copy that. Your oral board will be situational based question(unless they change it for some reason)
              Haha, I wish I read this yesterday. I wasn't expecting situational based questions. I don't feel 100% good about it but I don't think i bombed it. I guess I'll find out in two weeks. I already got my psych done so the medical is the only thing I'm waiting for (crossing fingers). Good luck everyone!

Comment

• Good luck to those still in the process. I unfortunately wasn't able to get the time off for the CPAT therefore will not be continuing in the process. I hope to go through the process again next year!

Comment

• Just received my Cpat certification today. Now awaiting my interview date. Good look to all still in the process. & to wfd I hope everything works out for you next year!

Comment

• I have yet to receive my cert, but my government jobs page now says pass! Also waiting for the next step.

Comment

• Originally posted by wfd244 View Post
                      Good luck to those still in the process. I unfortunately wasn't able to get the time off for the CPAT therefore will not be continuing in the process. I hope to go through the process again next year!
                      why didnt you just sign the waiver and take the one in october?

Comment

• Got a phone call today for my Oral Interview!

Comment

why didnt you just sign the waiver and take the one in october?
                          I did sign the waiver.......I couldn't get the time off from work for the October CPAT, With my work schedule I work every other Sat night, I was able to get Fri night off from work, but not Saturday night

Comment

• a lot of people failing the CPAT so far...good news for those that have passed.

Comment

• It's been almost three weeks since I had my oral board. The lady that introduced me to the board said I would hear from the department about my oral board in two weeks. I called my BI, and he said he hasn't heard anything about me failing so I should be good. Should I still call the department to see where I stand?

Comment

It's been almost three weeks since I had my oral board. The lady that introduced me to the board said I would hear from the department about my oral board in two weeks. I called my BI, and he said he hasn't heard anything about me failing so I should be good. Should I still call the department to see where I stand?
                                you can but i doubt you'll hear anything....they still have a month left of oral interviews..I doubt they've made any part of the list yet.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X