Prince George's County,MD Firefighter/EMT 2011. closes 5-20-11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by somebody509 View Post
    yeah which really sucks...i have stuff i needed to get done on one of the walk through days, but have 0 interest in going....don't want to waive because then you dont get the advantage of the timed practice runs..
    Yea same here. I plan to get it out the way on the first timed practice. I was at a cpat facility in fairfax and simulated in test and passed it. So I'm no too worried about the cpat. Just wished I didn't have to attend the mandatory walk through sessions. The oral interview is what I'm focused on now but that isn't for sometime. It really shouldn't be any excuses for not passing the cpat giving all the opportunities and sessions at hand. 3 Chances at Cpat is more than fair.

Comment

• Originally posted by somebody509 View Post
      what? 1 in 10 is good odds compared to what you usually get in this area....
      That's also true but when a job is so appealing, the only good odds are 1 out of 1. I'm just going to cross my t's and dot my i's and hope for the best.

Did you guys get an impression that a college degree was more important than EMT, less important than EMT, or about the same?

Comment

• Originally posted by MiniRide View Post
        As long as you got the confirmation. Your fine
        The only confirmation I got was the CPAT status showing as "Pass".

Comment

• Originally posted by Jasper173 View Post
          That's also true but when a job is so appealing, the only good odds are 1 out of 1. I'm just going to cross my t's and dot my i's and hope for the best.

Did you guys get an impression that a college degree was more important than EMT, less important than EMT, or about the same?
          i'd say about the same. maybe a little more important. I'd say theres less people with a bachelors degree then there are with an EMT card.

if you don't get the call make sure you reapply. i know the guy who was sitting behind me made a comment about if you're going through the process and you made it all the way through last time you have no shot and thats simply not true...the department I work for i made it through the entire process and didn't make the final cut, re-applied and then got hired.

Comment

• How long is the academy?

What is top pay and after how many years?

What is the chain of command for PGFD? Not familiar with the rank of Major, in which the spokesperson for the orientation was ... thanks

Comment

• Prob Firefighter
              Firefighter
              Technician
              Lt
              Capt
              Batt Chief
              Major(Basically an Assistant Chief)
              Lt Col(Deputy Chief)
              Chief

Comment

• Would like to be able to make everything, but unfortunately due to work I can't...looks like ill be waiving the orientations and timed practice runs.

Comment

• Originally posted by KeepItSimple78 View Post
                  How long is the academy?

What is top pay and after how many years?

What is the chain of command for PGFD? Not familiar with the rank of Major, in which the spokesperson for the orientation was ... thanks
                  top pay is $90,000 for a firefighter. The shortest amount of time I know in with that salary has 21 years on.

It seems that the academy length depends on prior certs...some seem to run 2-3 months and some run around 6. months.

majors are important. respect everyone, especially if their shirt is white.

Comment

• Just got the call from the BI. Anyone else?

Comment

• Originally posted by wonjun1025 View Post
                      Just got the call from the BI. Anyone else?
                      Really? I coulda sworn they said we wouldn't hear anthing about the BI till after CPAT. What did they say?

Comment

• Well I already got my CPAT cert in so I guess I moved along the process a little faster. He just wanted me to fill out the blue book within this week and call him to schedule an interview after I was done. So does this technically mean I'm in the top 200?
                        Last edited by wonjun1025; 08-08-2011, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• No offense to you sir, but I hope that is the case. It could make sense to get some people started.

Comment

• Originally posted by wonjun1025 View Post
                            Well I already got my CPAT cert in so I guess I moved along the process a little faster. He just wanted me to fill out the blue book within this week and call him to schedule an interview after I was done. So does this technically mean I'm in the top 200?
                            Damn. I sent my stuff in as well I have my CPAT slot says pass, hope I hear from them soon

Comment

• I got thinking, and I was wondering if there was any sort of process of putting candidates on a list and if so, if there was any point where candidates would then be informed of those hypothetical numbers. It would be nice to know how good or bad to feel as we continue through this process. If anyone that has been through the process before had any information it would be great. Thanks to all and best of luck as always.

Comment

• Anyone going down for the next 2 orientations from up North Jersey. Looking to save a little cash for gas and a hotel room if needed. PM me if interested.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X