Prince George's County,MD Firefighter/EMT 2011. closes 5-20-11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prince George's County,MD Firefighter/EMT 2011. closes 5-20-11

the application process is now open for 2011 and closes on May 20th. the 2010 list has EXPIRED.

http://agency.governmentjobs.com/pgc...FwddxPacket%3E

applied hope to hear something pretty soon

Comment

Anyone know what written test and physical agility test they use? Thanks.
      Hug a firefighter and feel warm all over

Comment

I was told its more of a mental/personality type test to see if you would do the right thing but im not 100% sure..no clue on cpat

Comment

Originally posted by ffkisselstein View Post
          I was told its more of a mental/personality type test to see if you would do the right thing but im not 100% sure..no clue on cpat
          Gotcha - I was just curious because I have a valid CPAT cert and CWH score from the last process I was in, so was wondering if I'm going to be able to bypass the first 2 steps.

Comment

That would be sick if you could bypass it

Comment

The physical test will be cpat.

Comment

any idea on the amount there looking to hire ?

Comment

Some PGFD Hiring questions....

I noticed PGFD is hiring again and from what ive read, its a great, aggressive department who catches a lot of work.
                  Im wondering if that still holds true and as a career guy, would you be going on alot of jobs (fires, extrications, trt, etc)?
                  As a "new guy" (if hired) what unit would you be riding?

Is the department stable? Our department is going through a rocky time and I dont want to get another pink slip if I go up there.
                  Also, cost of living wise (based on the pay you receive) is it good? Ive heard PG is a run-down place, but Ive never seen it for myself. I have a wife and 2 kids (both very young, not yet in school) and she is a teacher.

Where do most of the guys live? I was up there recently and stayed in Arlington and it was pretty expensive. I just want peace+quiet and good schools for the kids.

Also, how does the career and volunteer mix work? It really confuses me as we dont have volunteers anywhere where i'm at, let alone mixed in with career guys.

Comment

What dept is PGFD?

Comment

Prince George's County, MD

Comment

Q:Im wondering if that still holds true and as a career guy, would you be going on alot of jobs (fires, extrications, trt, etc)?

A:yes, pg is still a agressive dept that runs plenty of fires and cut jobs. check out some of the volunteer dept websites to get an idea of the calls we run. seat pleasant fire co 8, kentland 33, and morningside 27 all have good regularly updated websites.

Q:As a "new guy" (if hired) what unit would you be riding?

A:as the new guy your time will be split on the engine/truck/squad and the ambulance until you get promoted to lieutenant or technician. although we go to a lot of fire, we also run tons of ambulance calls. the people in this area abuse the ems system quite a bit.

Q:Is the department stable?

A:no department is stable.

Q:Also, cost of living wise (based on the pay you receive) is it good?

A:yes,very well.

Q:Where do most of the guys live?

Ag county has gone downhill the last 20 years due to drugs and crime and continues to become worse each day with all the ghetto trash they are throwing out of washington dc into pg county. but the guys live all over. but most stay in st marys county,calvert, and anne arundel counties. i wouldn't reccomend living to far out like west virginia or deleware because you never know when you could be placed on daywork m-f.

Q:Also, how does the career and volunteer mix work?

A:some stations they get along fine and you have others that dont. i wouldn't really worry about that.

Comment

Any idea what the pay for FF/P is to start?

Comment

I believe the starting pay is $41,000. Also believe getting your P is a 20% raise. Not 100% sure on that though.

Comment

I heard on good authority that if you have MD FF1 &2 plus EMT you may only do 10 week recruit school

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X