OCFA test!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCFA test!!

So who has received their email from OCFA? anyone know any numbers of how many people got accepted? any details, then post them up. Good luck to everyone that was accepted

I don't know how many were accepted. The word on the street is they accepted around 2000 last time and were going to do the same this time (but that's not definitive information)...

Comment

anyone know how many they will be taking??

Comment

For those of you preparing for the 2011 Orange County Fire exam, go to the link below for exam prep. Good luck !!

http://www.fireprep.com/orange_count...hter_exam.html

Assistant Chief Brent Collins, Cleveland Fire Dept.
        Firehouse.com Entry Level Contributor Author since 2002

Comment

It all depends on the budget. They just promoted 11 Captains and are planning another Captains test this summer. Promoting officers means the trickle down effect will cause firefighter openings. So, as of right now you know there are at least 11 openings.
          Paul Lepore
          Division Chief
          Aspiringfirefighters.com
          AspiringFireOfficers.com

Comment

I understand they are filling a summer academy based on the old list (went to BG's in Jan) to meet the current need. I have also heard that this test is purely to establish a new list to carry the dept for the next few years.

Not a bad thing at all, getting on lists is the name of the game, but I wouldn't plan on any movement beyond the test in the near term.

Good luck!

Comment

hiring freeze?

i just saw this:

http://www.fdnntv.com/news.asp_Q_art...alanced_Budget

is this legit?

Comment

This is OLD news. The article quotes Fire Chief Chip Prather. Chip retired over a year ago.

They announced this morning that their next Captain's test will be in November. Expect their list to move forward as planned.
                Paul Lepore
                Division Chief
                Aspiringfirefighters.com
                AspiringFireOfficers.com

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader