• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Btromp29
    Forum Member

• Btromp29
    replied
    Has anyone applied for the new 2015 paramedic list? If so, has the city sent out any information about making a list? I have not received anything other than when I applied stating they received my application.

Leave a comment:

• BBBK
    Forum Member

• BBBK
    replied
    List is open again. I highly recommend reapplying if you haven't been called off the 2011 list.

Leave a comment:

• BBBK
    Forum Member

• BBBK
    replied
    If I had to guess, I would say somewhere right around 700. They called ~400 for the first 3 classes, so calling ~300 for the next 2 seems about right.

I've been hearing rumors of another class going in soon, but we'll see. They're definitely not short in the FPM spot anymore. They need officers, but no one can be promoted for another year or so, because all of the FPM'S are candidates now. I think you'll see another big hiring surge around this time next year to make up for the promotions.

Leave a comment:

• zck15d
    Forum Member

• zck15d
    replied
    Does anyone have any idea what number they are on?
    I'm not on the 2011 list, and have been waiting for a new list to open for about a year now. I know not to get my hopes up and my best guess would be that a new list won't open for about another 1.5 to 2 years. However, it would be nice to at least know where about the list they are? Any help? Every time I talk to guys on CFD they always say they are hurting for more guys and a new list should open soon. The best info I got was a CFD medic telling us his friend finished the academy early this year and was around number 700. Any help would be awesome

Leave a comment:

• Agent4skin
    Forum Member

• Agent4skin
    replied
    anyone know how CFD handles the paramedics that are independent?

Leave a comment:

• BBBK
    Forum Member

• BBBK
    replied
    Next class starts April 1st.

Leave a comment:

• chicago_gal19
    Forum Member

• chicago_gal19
    replied
    So you must wait for the list to open up? or do you just put in your application with credentials and wait on your random lottery number.

Leave a comment:

• chicago_gal19
    Forum Member

• chicago_gal19
    replied
    Thanks BBBK. Ive been asking around and from what I understand you just put in your application and credentials and get your random number? I was confused because I know the fire age limit is 38, and I have been getting mixed information on the process for the medic side. Thanks .

Leave a comment:

• BBBK
    Forum Member

• BBBK
    replied
    There is no exam and there is no age limit.

Leave a comment:

• chicago_gal19
    Forum Member

• chicago_gal19
    replied
    Hi, Does anyone have any idea when the next exam will open up? Thanks in advanced for any info. Also I am currently 19, will have my medic license by the time I am 21, female, not sure if that is considered minority. in your opinion what are the chances of me getting on the job by the time I am at the age limit? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• BBBK
    Forum Member

• BBBK
    replied
    Hearing test
    Vision test
    Blood draw and vitals
    Urine test
    Stress test
    Physical exam by doctor

You'll be there a few hours.

Leave a comment:

• Diablo Intercept
    Forum Member

• Diablo Intercept
    replied
    Can anyone tell me what to expect at the medical and how long of a day it usually is? Also, how long after the medical are people actually starting?

Leave a comment:

• Runner05
    Forum Member

• Runner05
    replied
    Anyone done thier medicals lately? Or know if there is still a 4th class this year?

Leave a comment:

• Runner05
    Forum Member

• Runner05
    replied
    Anyone got a ballpark idea of when the next class starts?

Leave a comment:

• ronj
    Forum Member

• ronj
    replied
    ronj
    Forum Member
    Last edited by ronj; 03-03-2015, 07:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X