No announcement yet.

City of Chicago Paramedic List 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I read elsewhere that the last time the last was open in 2007, it closed in March and letters weren't sent out until July of 2008. Ouch. I'd have never guessed there'd be that kind of time period in between. Really hope that's not the case this time around. Be nice just to know where we stand. That sucks.

Comment

Seems like it will be like every other FD testing/hiring process...hurry up and wait. Just keep on working and one day hopefully you'll see a letter. Anyone already live in the city or would anyone else need to find a place if they got hired?

Comment

Originally posted by LRFFPD View Post
        Seems like it will be like every other FD testing/hiring process...hurry up and wait. Just keep on working and one day hopefully you'll see a letter. Anyone already live in the city or would anyone else need to find a place if they got hired?
        I'm going to be moving into a place into the city in a couple of months. Where I want to live anyway even without the job.

As for the list, the last post I made about the March 2007 closing and the letters not going out until July of 2008...in talking to some people on the job it doesn't sound like that would be possible. That would've only left about two-two and a half years to hire off that list and there 300 to 400 medics hired off that last. No way that would've happened in only two and a half years. But who knows? All we can do is wait and get on with our lives in the meantime.

Comment

Is the City done accepting applications for the medic side?

Comment

Yes, the deadline was June 1st. Anyone heard any total numbers or any news? I've seen on the fire side they may have an academy in August don't know if that would have any effect on the medic side...

Comment

I haven't heard anything at all. Been pretty quiet. I know in the past it was always around 400-500 applicants. This time around who knows, hopefully it's in the same range. It'd be nice to even have a ballpark figure as to when we'll get letters notifying where we're at on the list. Life goes on in the meantime.

Comment

Outside of vets points, is the list positioning random?

Comment

Originally posted by Hewartson47 View Post
                  Outside of vets points, is the list positioning random?
                  It's done at random just like the fire list is. Based on the last digit of your SSN and they pick a number at random to start from and it goes forward from there.

Comment

Thanks. Here's hoping they pick a better number this time!

Comment

Originally posted by Hewartson47 View Post
                      Thanks. Here's hoping they pick a better number this time!
                      Amen to that! Fire list started with a 9. I definitely need and am due for better luck this time!

Comment

Just got an email from HR that stated my application has been reviewed and accepted, and by August 31, 2011 I will get an email stating my position in the lottery. Everyone else get their email?

Comment

Hey,

Ya I just looked at my email and it also says the same. Looks like another 2 months before we will get our list number. hum.....

Comment

yes i got the email as well, i am also waiting for FP (hopefully) on the fire side.

Comment

Got the email today as well. Interesting they aren't doing it by last digit of ssn like the fire list was put together. Nice to at least know a date to find out our list number now, that's been killing me not knowing. Hopefully it comes long before August 31st! ha.

Comment

From what I was told the number you receive is in order of applied applicants. If you applied day one you should get a great number. Also over 1500 applied.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X