X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cougfan
    replied
    Originally posted by anthoynt23 View Post
    Just an FYI to all of those out there still on the List, I heard The VRFA has just changed their Post retirement medical benefits and currently have 5 Firefighters set to retire this coming year as well as an assumed 5 more to retire next year.... also they have a couple LEOFF 1 members that could go at anytime. So if you are still currently on the list you might be contacted for an interview sooner than you'd expected.

Also just a poll is there anyone out there in the top 15 or so on the list that has been hired by any other agencies since their interview with the VRFA ? trying to get an idea on where people are sitting. Thanks
    That's great news, where did you hear that from? Have you heard when they might be calling people. I called to make sure I am on the list still. Currently in the top 5. Thanks for the info.

Leave a comment:

• anthoynt23
    replied
    Update.....

Just an FYI to all of those out there still on the List, I heard The VRFA has just changed their Post retirement medical benefits and currently have 5 Firefighters set to retire this coming year as well as an assumed 5 more to retire next year.... also they have a couple LEOFF 1 members that could go at anytime. So if you are still currently on the list you might be contacted for an interview sooner than you'd expected.

Also just a poll is there anyone out there in the top 15 or so on the list that has been hired by any other agencies since their interview with the VRFA ? trying to get an idea on where people are sitting. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Cbar84
    replied
    I got a 92% and the cut off was a 93% so talk about a heart breaker. Its all good though just more experience testing and my score from the last time VRFA tested went up greatly......

Leave a comment:

• CFDRes
    replied
    Originally posted by KCFF84 View Post
    Had my oral yesterday, thought it went very well. Anyone have any idea how many will be in the "top group" that will supposedly get called by Monday? Or any other word on how many VRFA is looking to hire?
    As I have said earlier in the thread, this is not the official word by any means, but we have 3-4 vacant positions right now. For the past few years we have been able to hire immediately to fill vacancies due to relatively solid funding so I would expect those vacant positions to be filled in the next academy.

Leave a comment:

• KCFF84
    replied
    Had my oral yesterday, thought it went very well. Anyone have any idea how many will be in the "top group" that will supposedly get called by Monday? Or any other word on how many VRFA is looking to hire?

Leave a comment:

• Cbar84
    replied
    Yes we will all recieve letters and 2 of my buddies that got packets for the interviews on the 11th said the cut off was a 92 or 93%. I'm just guessing that if you get a letter with your own hand writing it wont be good news but if you get a manila envelope you will be moving on in the hiring process.

Leave a comment:

• SEAEVO9
    replied
    Does anyone remember if they said we would receive a letter regardless? Good Job man! Hopefully we will know more Tuesday the 5th due to the holiday weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Hawaii44
    replied
    What did you score? Good job man

Leave a comment:

• KCFF84
    replied
    Originally posted by Cbar84 View Post
    Not that i have heard, my friend that works there said that it will prob. be the first week of july.....
    I got my packet on Friday! Moving on to the oral on the 11th! So stoked.

Leave a comment:

• Cbar84
    replied
    Not that i have heard, my friend that works there said that it will prob. be the first week of july.....

Leave a comment:

• SEAEVO9
    replied
    anyone heard anything yet?

Leave a comment:

• CFDRes
    replied
    Originally posted by Cbar84 View Post
    I think that test was a good one. I liked the fact that you had to wait untill the end of the test to answer the listening portion of the test. I'm just crossing my fingers that I scored high enough to get an interview. The waiting is always the part that is the hardest.... How do you think you did? and did the BC say how many they were thinking about hiring?
    This is not the official word, and I don't know if they told you anything at the test but I do know that we are three positions down right now, and we have consistently hired right away to fill vacancies. Also, I think it is a good list to be on - quite a few guys waiting in the wings to retire in the next year or two.

Leave a comment:

• Cbar84
    replied
    Originally posted by SEAEVO9 View Post
    What did everyone think of the test? Also, I saw that there were only 182 that tested! So that is a major plus. One more thing, the BC said that results would be back in 2-3 weeks which I thought is kinda long since oral boards are in 3 1/2 weeks if you place top 40...........
    I think that test was a good one. I liked the fact that you had to wait untill the end of the test to answer the listening portion of the test. I'm just crossing my fingers that I scored high enough to get an interview. The waiting is always the part that is the hardest.... How do you think you did? and did the BC say how many they were thinking about hiring?

Leave a comment:

• SEAEVO9
    replied
    What did everyone think of the test? Also, I saw that there were only 182 that tested! So that is a major plus. One more thing, the BC said that results would be back in 2-3 weeks which I thought is kinda long since oral boards are in 3 1/2 weeks if you place top 40...........

Leave a comment:

• Cbar84
    replied
    VRFA test on Saturday, I'm pretty excited. Just wanted to say good luck to everybody testing and best of luck.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X