Vrfa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vrfa

Just wanted to let you all know that VRFA is handing out 200 applications on May 6th. I know that last time we camped out on the side of the street and it filled up pretty quick. I'd say that by 5pm the night before apps were handed out the line had 200-250 people so get there early. I talked to a friend who works their and they plan on hiring 4 from what i've heard and the test will be the same as the last test they had 2 years ago. The test consisted of Listening, reading comp. Math, Mech and Personality. Good luck to all.

What is VRFA?

Comment

Anyone know much about the department.?There isnt much on their website.Im from out of state so can only call in at 0800 and hope that 200 havent been given out.Seems a bit unfair, but hey thats the way it goes.

Comment

Valley Regional Fire Authority

And they are now a fire authority after 3 departments combined. Auburn, Pacific and Algona. Most likley the apps will be all picked up by hand. I'm going to be there at 8am the morning before the apps are handed out. hope its a nice sunny day .......

Comment

I heard that they told people around 8pm that there was no need to spend the night because they were not going to get an app. I have class that night, but am still planning on heading down (after a phone call) if there is not already 200+ in the line...

Comment

from my personal experience last time they tested they had 200 people by 8pm the night before. I have a class as well but i talked with the teacher and he is more than understanding. It's a 2 year list and i wouldnt risk missing out on the chance to get the app. with only 200 apps your odds are way better than at most other depatments. and on there job announcement it states that at 8 am they will accept calls for any left over applications.

Comment

It might be a little easier to get one this year... If I read correctly it looks like you have to have a current CPAT in order to just pick up the application.

"While the application process will begin on May 6, 2011, a prerequisite for application and hiring, in addition to the below minimum qualifications, is the successful passage of the Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT)."

That's off a PDF from their website.

Not sure how known that is. My guess is you could be 250th in line and still get one, assuming they require you to show proof of your CPAT. Good luck guys!

Comment

Originally posted by WAwannabe View Post
                It might be a little easier to get one this year... If I read correctly it looks like you have to have a current CPAT in order to just pick up the application.
                You obviously didn't read correctly. Might wanna brush up on the reading comprehension skills before the written....

Comment

Sounds like the line was over 200 by early afternoon. Good Luck.
                  Last edited by nwavant; 05-06-2011, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Good luck to all, yes this year the line filled up quicker then ever. Most of us on the trucks don't like this format of handing out applications, but I do admit that back when I was still taking tests I liked it any time the number of applicants was limited - better odds!

The test is straight forward, as such you will have to score high to make the cut. Due to the Fire Authority funding structure, we are financially pretty secure so we hire whenever we have a vacancy. Down here at the bottom of the COC we expect that they'll hire 3-4 right away, and there are a handful of other guys waiting in the wings to retire depending on a few outside factors.

Great group of people to work with, and the demographic in Auburn provides a good dose of all kinds of different calls. We take EMS seriously and King County is an awesome place to practice. Over the past couple years we have been working on improving our facilities and infrastructure - we have separate divisions for Planning and Logistics, and Training, we've remodeled one station (32), built a new one (33), and are almost finished totally replacing another (34). We've acquired, trained, and staffed our first full time ladder company (still has a pump though) and are working toward the accreditation process.

Only time will tell, but as Kent Fire Authority is merging with Seatac and rumors circulate of them taking Tukwila as well, the writing on the wall is that we will all be working for the same people eventually.

Comment

It really filled up fast this year. 2 years ago me and my testing buddy's got there at noon and were #6 in line and this year we arrived at 9am and were #60 by the time the applications were handed out i counted that we were #80 or so. The worst thing is that the people in the back of the line that were close to getting an application may have been bumped out because people cut. I would like to send out a huge thanks to all the Union VRFA firefighters for the Pizza, Cookies and water it was great to get some warm food in our bellies on a cold rainy day.

Good luck to all that will be at the test.

Comment

VRFA would be a great place to work...Auburn is the butt-hole of King County...lots of great calls down there.

Comment

Originally posted by powerhourcoug View Post
                          Auburn is the butt-hole of King County
                          Now you've done it. White Center and Burien are going to be pi--ed to hear that they've been knocked off that particular pedestal.

Comment

Hey! Don't forget Skyway!

Comment

In line @ 1:00pm on Thur....miserable night..... but got my application.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X