Boise Fire Dept.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boise Fire Dept.

Does anyone on here have any idea about what's going on with Boise and potentially hiring from their last test?
    I went through the process last year and made it onto the final list. Then came money issues and Boise closed their Garden City station... I know that instead of hiring, they just reabsorbed those FF's (which I'm glad for), don't want to see anyone losing their job.
    I'm not from Idaho and I don't have any contacts with Boise Fire. I'm just curious if anyone knows or has heard anything lately about them hiring. (I called HR about 3 months ago and was told about the station closing and that there were no other updates..)

I'm also on the list in Boise and last time I called they had no plans for future hiring. I pretty sure that NACFR (the dept. that closed the station) applied for a SAFER Grant to reopen the station so my guess is that is the best shot at creating openings in Boise.

Comment

Well, hopefully they get the grant. Boise would be an awesome place to work!

Comment

Good news for SAFER grants. IAFF won the battle in congress a funding is being returned to the program for rehiring laid off firefighters and reopening closed stations. Keep your fingers crossed for Boise, I know I will be.

Comment

Boise?

Anyone have any new news on hiring?

Comment

Just wanted to check in and see if anyone has any idea about retirements/hiring in Boise. Any ideas about extending the list if no hires are made?
            Last edited by TruckOps84; 11-08-2011, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Just wanted to check in and see if anyone has any idea about retirements/hiring in Boise. Any ideas about extending the list if no hires are made?

Comment

Noticed on their website that they are testing again. Any news if they are just creating a list or have open spots?

Also, what edition of the test will this be on?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                Working...
                X