What department would YOU work for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What department would YOU work for?

So I figured since we're all on here trying to get hired, it would be interesting to get a breakdown of where we all want to work. Vote in the poll, post your favorite department, and tell us why!

My top two are Loudoun County VA and MOntgomery County, MD. Loudoun has a 24-72 schedule which is awesome, and Montgomory is where I volunteer.
    NYFD
    15.15%
    DCFD
    10.61%
    Seattle Fire Department
    15.15%
    Your local Department
    54.55%
    DOD/military Fire Department
    4.55%

None of them..YONKERS!
    FTM - BTB - KTF

Comment

well...there wasn't an option but how about any of them? I just want to be a career firefighter

Comment

Last edited by Deluge059; 08-10-2011, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Sorry. I put what I know. I happen to like DCFD and Seattle FD, though.

Comment

is boston up there?
            Exam# 2000
            List# 6,xxx
            Score 98

Comment

Where is this NYFD you poll of?

Comment

Originally posted by ffbam24 View Post
                Where is this NYFD you poll of?
                Ditto... my question.
                I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

Third- never heard of NYFD.

And for the record, none of the above. There was a time in my life that I wanted to be on the job in Philly more than anything else, but due to their minority hiring practices and circumstances of life, I had to give it up.

Was a DOD FF for 10 years. Was a good ride.
                  "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

Key West FD

Comment

Originally posted by frbarton View Post
                      So I figured since we're all on here trying to get hired, it would be interesting to get a breakdown of where we all want to work. Vote in the poll, post your favorite department, and tell us why!

My top two are Loudoun County VA and MOntgomery County, MD. Loudoun has a 24-72 schedule which is awesome, and Montgomory is where I volunteer.
                      Props on starting this type of thread. There have been way to many threads started by people lately that seem like they want someone else to go through the hiring process for them. I mean it's common sense to wear a suit to an interview, to come prepared etc...

Comment

Did I just read the wrong thread? Where was it mentioned in here about suits?

Comment

My local, which is L.A. City.

Comment

Loudoun ... Hands down

Comment

Chicago. There's just something about Chicago that I really like.
                              "A fire department that writes off civilians faster than an express line of 6 reasons or less is not progressive, it's dangerous, because it's run by fear. Fear does not save lives, it endangers them." -- Lt. Ray McCormack FDNY

"Because if you don't think you're good, nobody else will." -- DC Tom Laun (ret) Syracuse

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X