No announcement yet.

Arlington, TX 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the interviews are over now just the long wait 2 c if we get to have another interview.

Comment

Any day now. They changed the schedule so the announcement would be this week as late as Friday but it looks like it'll still be on Friday. Waiting is the hardest part.

Comment

Anyone get another interview?

Comment

So there's 2 guys scheduled at the same time maybe there'll be 2 chf panels that seems odd though. Also last year there was a 5 minute time limit for your answer to the question this year there are 2 question and no stated time limit but you could assume maybe like 10 minutes so 5 minutes each and that leaves some time if they have follow up questions. Is anyone's still following the thread otherwise I'm talking to myself.

Comment

Hello....Hello...hello...

Thanks for the updates Schmidt. I wish I had taken this test. How often does arlignton test?

Comment

Originally posted by schmidthouse7 View Post
              So there's 2 guys scheduled at the same time maybe there'll be 2 chf panels that seems odd though. Also last year there was a 5 minute time limit for your answer to the question this year there are 2 question and no stated time limit but you could assume maybe like 10 minutes so 5 minutes each and that leaves some time if they have follow up questions. Is anyone's still following the thread otherwise I'm talking to myself.
              Last year they scheduled multiple people for the same time, you just sit and wait your turn, each person was limited to 5 min. 1 interview panel

Comment

I didn't make chfs last year thanks for the info. That's gonna be a little weird sitting there waiting for your turn. Arlington tests yearly just follow their employment page. They're very good about having a quick consistent schedule.

Comment

Anyone interview yet or is everyone scheduled Monday/Tuesday.

Comment

So final announcements should come out by the end of this week.

Comment

I've heard from some guys that have allready gotten their calls not lookin to good for the schmidthouse. Staying positive though wont know for sure till the final list comes out. Last time I was at this point and the other guys got their calls it didn't work out for me though so its hard to be positive. You know it's not like it takes so long to contact a couple dozen guys especially us guys after interviews just waiting to hear something.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidthouse7 View Post
                        I've heard from some guys that have allready gotten their calls not lookin to good for the schmidthouse. Staying positive though wont know for sure till the final list comes out. Last time I was at this point and the other guys got their calls it didn't work out for me though so its hard to be positive. You know it's not like it takes so long to contact a couple dozen guys especially us guys after interviews just waiting to hear something.
                        My buddy got his offer yesterday.
                        Isaiah 43:1-2

1 But now, this is what the LORD says—
                        he who created you, Jacob,
                        he who formed you, Israel:
                        “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
                        I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
                        2 When you pass through the waters,
                        I will be with you;
                        and when you pass through the rivers,
                        they will not sweep over you.
                        When you walk through the fire,
                        you will not be burned;
                        the flames will not set you ablaze.

Comment

Originally posted by FireFarrier View Post
                          My buddy got his offer yesterday.
                          Yeah, my friend just got his offer too.

Comment

schmidthouse, what departments have you applied for this year? are you taking garland's test too?

Comment

I took Fort Worth and may be taking Plano. I hadn't planned on taking Garland. I'm already working for a department so I don't take every test anymore. I've been at this for over a decade and have probably taken at least 50 tests through the years in 3 different states. I've worked for 3 different cities and am really looking for that final career department were I can settle in and have potential for promotional opportunities a place where I fit and feel really satisfied. Being as I'm already over 30 my civil service window is narrowing. Also I think when I interview chiefs don't seem to like the fact that I take multiple tests. They come across to me like they want me to be only for their city which I can understand but its not as feasible in my situation. I don't have a decade of testing left and can work my other job and just test for a single city over and over. I've been working as a firefighter in TX 2 years I'm a paramedic have swift water, hazmat, and rope rescue certs. 10 plus years experience score in the tops on written test (got 100 my last 2 tests with AFD) dominate physicals (i'm 6'4" about 265lbs), I was under 2 minutes (time limit is 4 minutes) when I did Arlingtons physical through TCC that was almost 30 seconds better than the next closet guy. I don't say any of this to brag just the opposite I really can't do much better on these test and still can't get a job. I get interview feedback and no one ever tells me anything really wrong that I do just some of the other guys were a little better. I can't change who I am I don't come across in the interview like an excited 18yo looking for a job because I'm not. I'm a 31 yo man with a house, a wife, bills, and responsibilities. I'm look to give 20 to 30 years of hard work to a city and get a career from them. I'm not complaining just venting (don't pull out your violins). Also this is for you 20yo who've taken a couple test and have no certs or just finished fire academy and complain about not getting hired that's the reality of just trying to get the job. I know a guy zero experience just finished school took 2 test and got 2 offers that's also the reality. So I'm not sure if I'm taking Garlands (you just told me about so thank you). Also thank you to everyone for letting me vent a little which yes is kind of d-bag to do but I get my one day of it then I'm back at it grinding away cause this is the best job in the world and I wont stop testing until I'm working for the best. Just so everyone knows the best isn't always the biggest or the oldest but the one where you fit and are comfortable with the though of 20+ years there and I feel you'll know it when you're there.
                              Last edited by schmidthouse7; 09-02-2011, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Much respesct Schmidt. I had no idea you had been at it so long. best of luck to you and it does put it in perspective for me. I cant really complain after only taking 3 tests so far. Again, Good luck.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X