Winston-Salem Fire Department, NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winston-Salem Fire Department, NC

I've been doing some home work on the City of Winston-Salem Fire Department in North Carolina but I'm trying to dig a little deeper and see if someone has any additional information regarding the department's eligibility list and whether or not there are, or will be, any recruitment process opportunities anytime soon?

I would like to place an application into the department and/or the HR department to have on file, but I am trying to gain a better understanding on what sort of response these efforts would get if any, in the near future.

Would greatly appreciate the feedback.

hey bud, i took their test last summer. first was the physical test in june then i went back down in august i think for the written. hr told me that they usually hire when the test. somewhere around 20 ppl. i didnt get selected to move on so i dont know where they are at with the process. i also dont know when they are gonna hire again. i just keep a look out on firerecruit.com for when they hire again hopefully soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan.aconnell View Post
      I've been doing some home work on the City of Winston-Salem Fire Department in North Carolina but I'm trying to dig a little deeper and see if someone has any additional information regarding the department's eligibility list and whether or not there are, or will be, any recruitment process opportunities anytime soon?

I would like to place an application into the department and/or the HR department to have on file, but I am trying to gain a better understanding on what sort of response these efforts would get if any, in the near future.

Would greatly appreciate the feedback.

Normally HR's don't just take an application(s) just to have them on file. Takes up space for them.

They will usually only take applications when the announcement is made for whatever department is about to test for new hires.

You can fill one out and send to them, but don't get your feelings hurt when they return it or notify you that they have trashed it because they weren't taking applications for the fire department at this time.

From the Winston-Salem Web page for the HR department:

Applications are accepted for current, published vacancies only.
      Last edited by CaptOldTimer; 04-27-2011, 09:03 PM.
      Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Alright, I guess it's worth trying to send an application in, if anything just to get in touch with HR to see if any information can be gathered that way as well.

Thank you both for your input and time, and Steve17, hopefully when they do open a process you can nail it down the second time. I've been traveling back a forth from Michigan to North Carolina for a department there and although the travel makes the process difficult, their best advice always is keep giving it your all and don't quit on it.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan.aconnell View Post
          I would like to place an application into the department and/or the HR department to have on file
          Go to the department's website: http://www.cityofws.org/Home/Departm...les/Recruiting

"The Human Resources Department will designate a period for the application process to begin. During this period, all interested applicants must submit an application of employment with the Human Resource Department. Applications will not be accepted after the allotted time period has expired."

CaptOldTimer is right on. You are wasting your time if the process is not open. I talked to a buddy of mine and he going to try to find out when the next process will be.

Comment

Thanks for looking into it. I will be checking more into it soon and I look forward to hearing what other news come from there.

When your trying to look into and make some progress applying to over 20 departments you appreciate every bit of help you can get.

If anyone is wanting information regarding departments in MI, just post, I'd see what I can find.

Comment

I took the physical, written, and had an interview last year. I didnt get selected. They have a class in the academy right now. They started January 24th.

Comment

So another year or more we could be looking at, depending on how often they plan on going through a hiring process. It looks like they have said in their department history section they have hired 150 in the past ten years, so about 15 a year. If that can be used as any indicator.

Thanks for the info, keep at it!

Comment

hey bryan aconnell
                  the citys website say they are taking applications untill 9-02-2011.ima put mine in. good luck!

Comment

That's great news! Thank you for the update steve17, greatly appreciated. I should be watching these things a little more closely. Wish you the best as well.

Comment

Im probably applying too... Car pool to written test???

Comment

Originally posted by csvt18 View Post
                        Im probably applying too... Car pool to written test???
                        That would be a good idea, just where about in MI do you live? If you want to pm me go ahead and we can make some plans. We still have a while so time is on our side for sure.

The same would go for anyone other that is interested in testing in Winston-Salem when the written test date and time information come up.

Just let me know.

Comment

Im about 20 miles outside of Det. Thatd be awesome. This dept. Seems like a great dept.

Comment

Glad that I got some information about how HR needs to apply, was clueless on the application. Thanks!

Comment

i applied and passed the agility test. i haven't heard anything about the written test yet though.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X