• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deluge059
    replied
    Epedemic,
    Glad to hear the next class is in Oct.
    I'm wondering if you know about spring classes though and if there will be one in early 2012.
    I already talked to Annie Dawkins about my situation and she said I can defer once I get the offer.
    I'm all ready to go with all my stuff, but the october class (if picked) wouldn't work due to personal reasons.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• edpmedic
    replied
    Originally posted by GLMEDIC View Post
    I just got set up for all of my tests the second week of August. Does anyone have any idea of when they might be scheduling there next academy? I wonder how many medics they have waiting for a spot in the next class.
    I believe that the 132nd starts in Oct. I'm not 100% on that, but it's definitely in the fall. I have a friend in the academy right now. He was supposed to be good for the fall academy, but they called him with three weeks notice for the 131st because someone else took the job and later decided they didn't want it.

I don't know how many medics in the next class, sorry.

Leave a comment:

• johnsonizzle
    replied
    At least 3 medics waiting just from this forum.

Leave a comment:

• GLMEDIC
    replied
    I just got set up for all of my tests the second week of August. Does anyone have any idea of when they might be scheduling there next academy? I wonder how many medics they have waiting for a spot in the next class.

Leave a comment:

• johnsonizzle
    replied
    So I just got my medical screening package for next month. Much to my surprise there was a home "hemoccult" screening kit included. Didn't come with any gloves... Guess I'll need to bring some home with me.

Leave a comment:

• johnsonizzle
    replied
    They just received my package today. I dont know when the next class will be, though some previous posters have said they plan on hiring 40 paramedics a year for the next couple years. I just passed my NREMT Cognitive test, with my Psychmotor exam next month. I hope to get on a department soon thereafter. Need to stay proficient in my knowledge/skill...

Leave a comment:

• ETmedic252
    replied
    I passed the medic process back in march of 2010. I was placed on a list for selection, I havent heard anything on a start date. I send emails or call every month updating my file and asking if any word of classes coming up. Capt say nothing just a waiting game and keep checking back. My question is has anybody heard of any future classes coming up? Also, will I have a shot or will I have to retest next year? I hope not to retest bc i am out of state and it cost over 1200 bucks to test last time.

Leave a comment:

• jklm128
    replied
    please refer to this "dedicated" thread and see if your questions haven't been answered yet.

http://www.firehouse.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77487

Leave a comment:

• CFerd20
    replied
    Yea, coming all the way from AZ... scheduled the second week of july

Leave a comment:

• cayden10
    replied
    Originally posted by CFerd20 View Post
    Scheduled all my appointments today, good luck to all those in the process...

when did you schedule your appt's and are you coming in from AZ? Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• CFerd20
    replied
    Scheduled all my appointments today, good luck to all those in the process...

Leave a comment:

• Genesis1
    replied
    Originally posted by deadbear271 View Post
    Are they accepting non medic applications?
    http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/fr/recruitment/#written

Most information can be found here. When in doubt just call the recruitment staff. They are very nice and helpful!

Leave a comment:

• deadbear271
    replied
    Are they accepting non medic applications?

Leave a comment:

• johnsonizzle
    replied
    Originally posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    Why didn't you apply for Phoenix or did you?

That test, as well as others are hard as bricks.

The departments are looking for a few good outstanding people.
    Capt - are you referring to the Fairfax test as "hard as bricks"? If so, any input on what to expect? Most written tests I've taken were about 1/2 high school level questions, and 1/2 personality/judgement questions. Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• Deluge059
    replied
    Allright!

Any word on the next possible medic class?
    I just have to send my poop card in and I should be good to go.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X