Fairfax County VA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairfax County VA

Will be going through the testing and hiring process for fairfax county in the near future, looking for info on what to expect from the testing process as well as info from those who are currently employed with the department.

thanks

I'm in! Just turned in my Application Packet thingy yesterday... ready, set, GO>>>

Comment

Originally posted by CFerd20 View Post
      I'm in! Just turned in my Application Packet thingy yesterday... ready, set, GO>>>
      What do you mean "you're in"? I too am filling out my application packet and am wondering what is next. It came through with a conditional offer of employment - contingent on me passing the written, physical, polygraph, and pysch. I thought this was odd. It made no mention of an interview? Any input?
      Hug a firefighter and feel warm all over

Comment

do you guys have your paramedic?

Comment

Originally posted by cayden10 View Post
          do you guys have your paramedic?
          Taking my final exam tonight. Then my National Registry exam on June 4th. They sent out a "Paramedic School verification" form to fill out which outlines who the program director is and how far along you are in the process. So long story short - I'm not a P yet, but will be in a couple months.

Comment

Why didn't you apply for Phoenix or did you?

That test, as well as others are hard as bricks.

The departments are looking for a few good outstanding people.
            Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

I mean I'm in as I am in the process, and yes I'm taking the test for Phoenix.

Comment

Yes I'm a medic, spent several years with Detroit EMS and now I'm roaming the country in search of a career. Also I believe there is no oral...

Comment

Yes I'm a medic, spent several years with Detroit EMS and now I'm roaming the country in search of a career. Also I believe there is no oral...

What do you mean no oral?

Comment

Follow the directions in your packet EXACTLEY. When I went through the process there were six parts: CPAT, Medical Exam, Polygraph, Psyche Evaluation, Written Test and Interview.

During the all station teleconference last week, they announced that they want to hire 40 Paramedics a year for the next several years. If you want your best chance, Paramedic is the way to go.

The current recruit school has 12 Medics and 12 non-Medics. This is the first time non-Medics were hired in several years.

As you go through the process, treat every step as a formal interview as if you are being watched all the time.

Everyone gets a contingent offer of employment.

Comment

Originally posted by bsr108 View Post
                      Follow the directions in your packet EXACTLEY. When I went through the process there were six parts: CPAT, Medical Exam, Polygraph, Psyche Evaluation, Written Test and Interview.

During the all station teleconference last week, they announced that they want to hire 40 Paramedics a year for the next several years. If you want your best chance, Paramedic is the way to go.

The current recruit school has 12 Medics and 12 non-Medics. This is the first time non-Medics were hired in several years.

As you go through the process, treat every step as a formal interview as if you are being watched all the time.

Everyone gets a contingent offer of employment.
                      This ^

If you're from out of town, they can schedule the medical, the poly, and the psyche on three consecutive days; it's seperate trips for the entrance exam and also for the CPAT.

After you finish the process, you'll be sent a letter saying that you've successfully completed the process, and are eligible for hire. Always be ready to go! I've got a friend in the 131st recruit school right now, one of my old medic partners from NYC. He was told that he would be good to go for the 132nd in the fall. Then they called him three weeks before the start of the 131st, to offer him a job since someone else turned down the offer after initially accepting it. I've said it before, keep hounding recruitment, because every class or two someone drops out, and someone else gets the call on short notice.

And yes, there are no oral boards.

I was listening to the same teleconference. They said they want 30-40 medics every year (they're also funding an incumbent ALS school because medics are in such high demand at the present). The Chief was then asked what the outlook was for basic FF hiring. His response was really vague and didn't answer the question.
                      "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those willing to work and give to those who are not." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Allright!

Any word on the next possible medic class?
                        I just have to send my poop card in and I should be good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
                          Why didn't you apply for Phoenix or did you?

That test, as well as others are hard as bricks.

The departments are looking for a few good outstanding people.
                          Capt - are you referring to the Fairfax test as "hard as bricks"? If so, any input on what to expect? Most written tests I've taken were about 1/2 high school level questions, and 1/2 personality/judgement questions. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Are they accepting non medic applications?

Comment

Originally posted by deadbear271 View Post
                              Are they accepting non medic applications?
                              http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/fr/recruitment/#written

Most information can be found here. When in doubt just call the recruitment staff. They are very nice and helpful!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X