Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fire Medic looking for a job! Needs some insight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Medic looking for a job! Needs some insight!

I'm an unemployed fire medic waiting for some opportunities to open up. While I will take any department that recruits me, I am interested in Miami Dade Fire Rescue, City of Miami, Palm Beach County, BSO Sheriff fire rescue, Ft.Lauderdale Fire Rescue,Deerfield Beach, Gwinette County Fire Rescue or Dekalb county Georgia, Flower Mound Texas.

If you know about any of these departments can you please give some details about the department including salary if you know.The job market is tough so I dont mind relocating from the south.So any info would help me in my plans.

So what does a fire medic equal to

Emt
    Paramedic

Check weekly:;;;

http://www.tcfp.state.tx.us/employment.asp
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

Originally posted by congofiremedic View Post
      I'm an unemployed fire medic waiting for some opportunities to open up. While I will take any department that recruits me, I am interested in Miami Dade Fire Rescue, City of Miami, Palm Beach County, BSO Sheriff fire rescue, Ft.Lauderdale Fire Rescue,Deerfield Beach, Gwinette County Fire Rescue or Dekalb county Georgia, Flower Mound Texas.

If you know about any of these departments can you please give some details about the department including salary if you know.The job market is tough so I dont mind relocating from the south.So any info would help me in my plans.
      All that information can be found on the websites of the departments, as for being hired in S. FL be ready to wait a long time. MDFD for example has been on a freeze for about 2 years now and they plan to keep it for the next couple of years. If you apply out of state, Texas does not accept Proboard for your fire certs and you'll have to test for your NR for paramedic.

Comment

welcome.

Ill tell you this much guy. South Florida is a ****hole to try and get a job as a FireFighter/ Paramedic. Back in the day.. you were chocolate cake with vanilla icecream.. now theres so many FF/EMTPs that your damn near wet dog **** after its been steped in. I dont think things down here are panning out. I teach and its hard seeing students not totally understand what there actually facing when they graduate..
        MDFR says theres 3 options the union has thrown at the dept. 1. lay off 400 guys..close no stations. 2 lay off 200 guys and close some stations.. 3 take a 20% paycut. either way.. the paycut is prob whats going to happen.. but bottom line is.. MDFR is out of the picture.

The other departments pick up .. but you need to be testing with some of the **** that goes down out here. ( mesh , bpats, blah blah ) Guy even trying to find a volunteering gig is being treated like landing a paid gig. In the meantime.. schools are still pumping out fresh students.
        As far as moving goes.. Lawyers , Doctors.. they do it. How badly do you want that engine kid?
        -FFMedicMiami.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys.

Fire medic (Firefighter EMT-Paramedic).

I realize that in South Florida is tough to get a job. But doesnt mean that I wont leave an application with moving foward. I dont intend to stay and wait either. Id move where ever theres an opening. The only fire department I found in Texas that doesnt have an age requirement is Flower Mound Fire Rescue but they havent advertized openings in a while.

So SVTxDUDE, if you know of any other departments in Texas without age requirements please let me know as I am 38 years young. Perhaps I would do TD's online academy.

FFMedicMiami- Id go almost anywhere as long as the cost of living is condusive and benefits are good. What about the city of miami? Does Tampa Jacksonville and Orlando have the same issues?

Anyone from Georgia and North Carolina? Hows the Job market there? Only reality is some states may have fire and EMS seperate but I guess I will have to bite the bullet one way or the other.

Keep the info coming!Thanks

Comment

There are plenty fd in tx that have no upper age max

Need to look at the web link above

Comment

Florida is an IFSAC member. Does this mean that my certs are transferable to Texas then?

Comment

Fire 49 I checked those to websites out and they looked good.Flower Mound is also a good one but not hiring. Do all departments in texas accept training divisions fire certs?

Comment

Call the commission ;;;

http://www.tcfp.state.tx.us/standards/transferring.asp

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader