City of Maricopa fire department

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City of Maricopa fire department

I was just invited to an interview at this dept. and don't know much about them. I've been researching but there isn't much info on them (the city seems like a really nice little city though). Is anyone on here from that area that can help me out? does anyone know how many they plan to hire and how many are going to interviews? I thought Arizona was in a heap of debt right now?

Maricopa is a four station department with 3 engines and a ladder staffed with 4 firefighters per apparatus on the 48/96 schedule. The department is a young FD that has potential to grow in the future. They are part of the Phoenix regional automatic aid system.

I don't work for Maricopa (a number of my friends do) but the information I have is that they will be hiring 3 firefighters immediately and plan on keeping the list of the next 3 years. I do not know how many they plan on interviewing.
    "The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten." - (John) Calvin Coolidge
    "Speed is not a good alternative to lack of knowledge." -armymedic571

Comment

Awesome thanks. any idea how they feel about hiring guys from washington state? How does washington certs match up to AZ certs? isnt there a bunch of laid off firefighters in AZ right now?

Comment

I am not sure how certifications between WA and AZ match up. AZ accepts National Registry EMS certifications with a refresher, but you would have to contact the State Fire Marshal's Office to ask about FF certifications. I doubt that MFD would care where you came from if you were what they are looking for.

There have been talks about layoff's in some communities in AZ, but there have been very few firefighters actually laid-off and not rehired.
        "The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten." - (John) Calvin Coolidge
        "Speed is not a good alternative to lack of knowledge." -armymedic571

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X