Bowling Green, KY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowling Green, KY

The Bowling Green, Ky Fire Dept. is taking applications until May 6. Log onto bgky.org for more info.

CITY OF BOWLING GREEN, KY

Now Accepting Applications for FIREFIGHTERS

Application packets are available for Firefighter openings that will be filled in 2011.

Applications are only accepted once a year, so now is the time to apply if you want to join one of the top fire departments in Kentucky. Starting pay - $34,282 ($37,382 upon completion of basic
    training).

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY:

Age 21 by September 19, 2011 U. S. Citizen & under (fifty) 50 years of age Valid Driver’s License

Good driving, police, personal, High School Diploma or equivalent
    & employment record

* Males between 18 & 26 registered with the Selective Service
    SELECTION CRITERIA - MUST PASS:

> Written exam,
    > Physical agility test, including job-related practical skills,
    > Oral interview; polygraph; psychological test; background investigation; drug test; and medical physical.

Related experience, education & training are not necessary to take or pass written test, but can be helpful in gaining employment.

TENTATIVE SCHEDULE AND IMPORTANT DATES:
     May 6 – deadline to submit completed applications
     MAY 14 – CPAT Orientation Instructors Demo Stations – MANDATORY!!!
     June 4 and 25 - CPAT Practice Test
     July 8 and 9 – Written Test; must receive passing score to continue on to Physical
    Skills Test immediately following
     August 1 - 5 – Polygraph / Oral Interview
     September 19– Candidates start to work

HOW TO GET AN APPLICATION AND MORE INFORMATION:
    Complete application packets are available on our website at www.bgky.org or in the Human Resources Department, Bowling Green City Hall, 1001 College Street, weekdays 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Central Time. Applicants who live outside of Warren County can download the packet from our website.
    Completed applications must be submitted by 4:00 PM, May 6, 2011.

The City of Bowling Green is an Equal Opportunity Employer & a Drug-Free Workplace
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

raises and promotions

I am applying for these openings. Does anyone have any idea how the pay raise/promotional opportunities work for B.G fire dept? I have been a state employee for 10 and have a dead end job with no advancement opportunities. So, I'm looking for something that will allow me to finish up my working career strong and build my retirement. I know they start at 34k and 37k after training. But, I don't want to end up like my current job and be stagnant and stuck.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X