• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saginaw, MI 2011

http://www.saginaw-mi.com/Government...employment.php

Anybody with questions ask away....I'll try my best to answer them

Comment

Is the city going to hire from this list?
      What is daily manning?
      How stable is Saginaw with everything going on in our state?

Comment

I am a recent hire (within 5 years). The list that just expired had 6 hires, all replacing members who retired. The current minimum manning is 17, 4 engines, 2 trucks, and a BC; each shift has a compliment of 20.

As far as the stability of the city, Saginaw is doing decent. The budget is currently balanced. The city has been replacing positions as retirements occur so that is a good thing. As far as the future, who knows. Just like any other city, anything could happen. All you can go off of is past practices and there have been over 15 hires in the past 5 years so that is a positive I'd say.

Anything else let me know

Comment

Thanks for the fast reply, are there any retirements in the near future. I am sitting on a lot of lists with no one hiring, it is driving me nuts.

Comment

yea i hear ya, it can be very frustrating. I believe we have in the area of 10+ eligible to retire currently. Also, right now we have 1 vacancy due to a recent retirement.

Comment

Thanks, I printed my app. this morning it will be in the mail tomorrow.

Comment

Any word on when the test will be?

One last thing, what does the physical consist of?

Comment

App sent in, looking forward to testing...

Comment

Not sure when the test will be. I'd guess early June, maybe late May if they hurry. The physical is 8 stations. They will give you a packet detailing the drills so you can practice. If you are in shape, it should be no problem.

Comment

Sending my app. in tomorrow or Thursday.

Comment

I currently have certifications in Basic Firefighter, Firefighter I&II, Hazmat First Responder Awareness. Enrolling in EMT-B this fall. Do you guys run a lot of EMS there? Would my current certs be any benefit for Saginaw FD? Sometimes they are other times departments could'nt care less. Thanks for any info.

Comment

Adams......I think most applicants will have similar certifications. However, none are required. Saginaw is strictly a FIRE dept., no ems. So to answer your question, I don't think the city is really worried about certifications. They don't want to disqualify any applicants because they don't have any certifications or experience.

Comment

Questions about the Saginaw Fire Department

I have as of a couple of days ago submitted my application to the Saginaw Fire Department, and after some research about the department I am still unable to find information regarding your departments annual call volume, could you possibly give an estimate?

Also, I know there are a few departments that are strictly fire service oriented but also respond to medical/trauma 9-1-1 emergencies to provide basic life support until a private or city ALS service arrives, is this the case with Saginaw Fire Department?

Also, I have read that the city's fire department is a combination department, but the vast majority of the firefighters are paid-on-call, is that the case?

Thank you for taking your time with this.

Bryan.

Comment

Saginaw is a fulltime dept. Saginaw township is a combo dept.

Byran.... Do you have certs?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X