Atlanta, GA 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlanta, GA 2011

Passing along the hiring info for AFRD. Word not too long ago was that they had 110 spots open, and being as DeKalbs recruit class was recalled, I would assume most of those spots are still open.

http://atlantaworkforce.org.aster.ar...ghterInfo.aspx
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Originally posted by Rescue101
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Thanks a bunch for posting this as I took their CPAT in Feb and missed it by a few seconds because the pike poll fell out of my hands. I blame my gloves. Round 2.

Comment

DeKalb recruits once again laid off... most recruits will be going through the process..

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/27457710/detail.html

Comment

Last edited by Deluge059; 08-10-2011, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Didn't Atlanta take apps not too long ago and maybe test?

Comment

do anyone happen to know when the written test date

Comment

Originally posted by NHFD174 View Post
              DeKalb recruits once again laid off... most recruits will be going through the process..

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/27457710/detail.html
              Man those guys can't catch a break.

Comment

Originally posted by 8truckie3 View Post
                Didn't Atlanta take apps not too long ago and maybe test?
                Yea they just hired a big group not sure of the numbers. I wanna say their going to hire this class of Safer.

Comment

No we cannot catch a break.. Especially moving from cleveland ohio for the job. Hopefully Atlanta helps us out

Comment

Originally posted by NHFD174 View Post
                    No we cannot catch a break.. Especially moving from cleveland ohio for the job. Hopefully Atlanta helps us out
                    Are you taking the job with Atlanta?

Comment

so do you have to have GA certs to sign up or do you get all that in recruit school?

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, after reading the news article concerning the DeKalb recruits whom were laid off were offered a job in Atlanta, my understanding is they are just given a free pass? I don't have any negative comments to post about this seeing as I won't be in the process anyways but wouldn't that spark some legal issues? Would they just start the academy from the get-go or would they have to test out through the whole process also but have an upperhand?

DeKalb and Atlanta might have somewhat of the same hiring procedures but isn't that taking away from "more qualified" people who didn't originally test with DeKalb whom are gonna test out with Atlanta?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by firepat87 View Post
                          so do you have to have GA certs to sign up or do you get all that in recruit school?
                          Recruit school. 99% of the Dept's here can care less if you have Certs. Their going to put you through the academy anyway. We had guys that were already Hazmat Tech sitting in a Hazmat-Op's Classroom.

Comment

Originally posted by Deluge059 View Post
                            You missed out by a few seconds and you're blaming it on your gloves?
                            How about blaming it on yourself, being out of shape and lazy? There is no reason to run out of time during that otherwise.

Thank God Atlanta didn't hire an excuse turd like you.
                            +1 I agree, too many that can pass that test with ease.
                            FF/Paramedic

Comment

Thanks for the kind words and confidence. Silly me for not realizing sometimes $hit happens. Now I must get leave and go on my run before the Boston marathon next week being that I am out of shape and lazy. I hope you have a great day Deluge059.
                              Last edited by bbell1977; 04-07-2011, 10:44 AM.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X