Los Angeles Fire Science/Technologies Schools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Los Angeles Fire Science/Technologies Schools

I'm a Marine Corps Corporal on the last year of my contract and I'm considering leaving the Marines to get into a career in firefighting. Before jumping right into things I plan on using my Post 911 GI bill to obtain an Associates Degree in Fire Science and get my EMT liscence. I was just wondering what college in or around the greater Los Angeles area has the best program for Fire Science/Technologies.

There are a handful of schools in Southern California that will fill your need. I recommend starting NOW with online classes. They can be taken at Alan Hancock college. This will put you in a great position to attend the basic fire academy once your military commitment has been completed.

The following schools have fire science programs:

Rio Hondo, El Camino, Santa Ana, Alan Hancock, Miramar, Palomar, Crafton Hills

In addition to fire science courses you will also need to take EMT (not available online)

Good luck, stay safe, and thanks for serving our country.....
    Paul Lepore
    Division Chief
    Aspiringfirefighters.com
    AspiringFireOfficers.com

Comment

Chief there are others... Victor Valley College (just as close as Crafton Hills), Antelope Valley College, College of the Canyons, Compton College (although, pack your Body Armor... LOL), Glendale Community College, Long Beach City College, East LA College, LA City College, LA Harbor College, LA Valley College, Mt SAC (San Antonio College), Oxnard College, Pasadena City College, Riverside Comm College, Santa Monica College and West LA College.

Check this website out: http://cftda.org/programs.html
      "Be LOUD, Be PROUD..... It just might save your can someday when goin' through an intersection!!!!!"

Life on the Truck (Quint) is good.....

Eat til you're sleepy..... Sleep til you're hungry..... And repeat.....

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X