Clear All

• Phoenix FD

Their site was updated today...

http://www.phoenix.gov/joinpfd/fftesting.html

Impressive, most impressive.

Comment

nice, very nice

Comment

I'm extremely excited about this. They are such a great department!

Comment

i'm gonna go ahead and get in on the ground floor and say about 5000 applicants for this one boys...

Comment

I'm gonna go 6-8k

Comment

Gonna be crazy! ggod luck to all

Comment

how many do you think they'll hire approx?

Comment

Great news. I will be testing there for sure. Although odds are pretty stacked against you, as there will be TONS of applicants.

Worth a shot.

Comment

well with their second SAFER grant of 6.8mil I'd say they could hire around 30-40 if they really wanted to...

Comment

I'm gonna be proactive and post this before people start asking...

WHAT HAPPENS AFTER COMPLETION OF MY PROBATION?
                      Following successful completion of the probationary period, all firefighters are then assigned to
                      emergency medical transportation duty for 200 shifts. Following this period, firefighters will be assigned to fire companies.

Comment

They're hiring 42 fire fighters. They're technically hiring 35 for the academy, because they have 7 red shirts who have seniority and a spot already set for this academy. They'll hire 7 new red shirts from this testing process though.

Comment

Originally posted by OHFirestopper View Post
                          I'm gonna be proactive and post this before people start asking...

WHAT HAPPENS AFTER COMPLETION OF MY PROBATION?
                          Following successful completion of the probationary period, all firefighters are then assigned to
                          emergency medical transportation duty for 200 shifts. Following this period, firefighters will be assigned to fire companies.
                          If they are lucky. Hell most people float for around 1-2 years before they get an actual assignment, and then every time they get promoted they have to rove again.

Comment

How often does the city have an application process? How long does the list last? How many are expected to retire in the upcoming years? I plan on testing, and I'm a military veteran(USAF Firefighter).

Comment

After probation you will rove on engines, ladders, and rescues (ambulance), depending on staffing needs for that day... in other words you will bounce around the city from station to station until you get an official spot. Everyone "owes" 200 rescue shifts, but how fast that gets done varies from person to person.

In the past there was a testing process every year, this will be the first test since 2008 or 2009.

At least 50 will retire in 2011

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X