No announcement yet.

Bates 2011 - results, interviews, etc..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bellingham called a friend of mine today (5/26). They scheduled him for an oral board on 20th of June. He scored low 90s on the Bates test. (He won't tell me his exact score; just that it is over 90 and less than 94).

Comment

Some friend

Comment

So does any brother out there know cut off scores??? Will 88.10 (comb) move me on??? Bellingham would be a dream come true!! Lots of great firemen and tradition up there!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChawkFan View Post
          Hopefully someone will hire off this list. Last time I went through this process South King held interviews with the hopes of passing a levy or bond and it didn't pass. At least I had a chance to practice my interview skills.

Combined 92.84
          Did you have an interview with Kitsap? I'm assuming with the high score you did, as well as a Bham interview. Do you have V pts?

Comment

More info from my buddy:
            He got a 91.42 combined (70/30 HR/Mech).
            He is a vet.
            He did not get an invite to SKitsap.
            He did get a phone call (no email) for Bellingham oral board, and is scheduled for the 20th of June.
            Last edited by Pasha6568; 05-29-2011, 07:52 PM.

Comment

I never heard from S. Kitsap. I am not a vet, but you would think my score would be good enough. I talked to a friend of mine on the department and it turns out this shaddy process is normal for them. I didn't put in for Bellingham because I can't relocate. Good luck to everyone moving on.

Comment

I have no clue what scores are needed to get a call, letter, or invite to the Orals with the departments, but after re-reading this: http://www.bates.ctc.edu/eo/CareerTr...riFold2011.pdf

the departments have leeway on who they invite.

Good luck to the ones who get tapped, for the rest of us... See ya at the next test.

Comment

Originally posted by Cbar84 View Post
                  My training Capt. just went up to Bellingham to assist on their Captains interviews so he said he would try to get some info from them while he is up there. Im just wondering what the cut of score for the top 30 will be?
                  Did you find out from your Capt. any info about whether Bellingham is going to hire or not?

Comment

Seem to be a lot of rumors about whether they are actually hiring or not. Heard this week they may just be creating a list due to the unknown nature of things with the
                    Ferndale and Whatcom County Medic One issue. Any solid info would be much appreciated but in the mean time good luck to those interviewing.

Comment

Originally posted by BC1979 View Post
                      Seem to be a lot of rumors about whether they are actually hiring or not. Heard this week they may just be creating a list due to the unknown nature of things with the
                      Ferndale and Whatcom County Medic One issue. Any solid info would be much appreciated but in the mean time good luck to those interviewing.
                      So my Capt. said they will be hiring 4-6 based on the fact that they just promoted some firefighters to captains....

Comment

I heard the same about them possibly not hiring right now until the Medic One issue is worked out.

Comment

Good luck to everyone who has a Bellingham interview this week!

Comment

Anyone interview with Bham yet? How'd it go?

Comment

Had my interview with B'ham. Feel good about it, fingers crossed they felt the same way. I have no issue waiting for this department, but I hope things sort out soon and they are able to hire! Good luck to those going tomorrow!

Comment

Hey BC. Activate your private mailbox. Thx.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X