City of Renton WA lateral FF testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City of Renton WA lateral FF testing

Wondering if anyone knows anything about this department and if they are hiring laterals or just establishing a list? Any insight will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

They have a website....... A small department but seem to have their heads screwed on.I too thought of applying for lateral.Says they will shortlist 20 for testing.Think they are actually going to combine laterals with the regular testing process , as they are also testing people off the street through a full process.I would not want to do a full academy again, thats for sure for a lateral position.

Comment

They are testing for entry level through the National Testing Network and that closes in May. On the job posting it says they are establishing an eligibility list for Lateral. But yes, it looks like they are going to pick 20 by looking at applications then do a skills test and interview from there. Anyone heard how many entry level they are going to hire?

Comment

Originally posted by lwright82 View Post
        Anyone heard how many entry level they are going to hire?
        = 20 - accepted lateral firefighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Hopeful_FF View Post
          Great! Thank you for the info.

Comment

I think Renton would be a good place to work. Now that David Daniels (former "Chief") has gone, I think things have been much better.

They have 146 members. Last time I checked they were on a 3 platoon, but they might have gone to a 4 platoon schedule.

I live right down the street from one of their stations.

For the most part, the city is a dump. I think they stay pretty busy. They took over Fire District 40 a few years ago, which added a few more stations.
            Last edited by powerhourcoug; 03-25-2011, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hopeful_FF View Post
              Thats how many they may shortlist for testing,20.I very much doubt a small department will be taking 20,more like 2.Anyone have any idea if laterals have to do an academy?

Comment

Link:

http://www.iaff864.org/docs/Lateral_FF.pdf

I wouldn't be surprised if they're making a list for laid off firemen in WA state, through the WA State Council of FF's.

There are several departments in Washington doing so. We are looking to establish a lateral list - laid off IAFF firefighters only.

Comment

Laid off only for you guys?

Comment

Originally posted by ffbam24 View Post
                    Laid off only for you guys?
                    We might be able to make an exception in your case

Comment

power, is it confirmed that the list will be for just laid off firefighters or all? Thanks for the insight.

Comment

Originally posted by powerhourcoug View Post
                        We might be able to make an exception in your case
                        Meh. Not looking for any favors. Was looking to see if it will be at least competitive for someone from outside the state. Put a line out to a brother on the job there. He was encouraging. Political climate here, there, everywhere sucks, so just poking around and keeping options open.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X