• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portland Fire Rescue

Anyone else got the email?

Application starts at 06/20

got 3 e-mails

Comment

yup, 3 indeed. they're on top of it up in Portland.

Curious as to what the written will be like since they're supposedly steering away from that terrible (my opinion) fireteam test. any insight?

Comment

Originally posted by wonjun1025 View Post
        Anyone else got the email?

Application starts at 06/20
        Are you saying portland is taking applications? And if so where do you apply?

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by trufirenick View Post
          Are you saying portland is taking applications? And if so where do you apply?

Thanks,
          Previously stated, they're taking application starting from 6/20. I believe you apply at their website.

Comment

they have the applications capped @ 4000 i believe. 2500 for "trainee" and 1500 for "emt/paramedics", meaning you have experience. make sure you set an alarm on your phone or computer as you don't want to miss out because the cap is reached early. i think last year it was filled after 3 days or so.

Comment

Originally posted by arizonaguy85 View Post
              they have the applications capped @ 4000 i believe. 2500 for "trainee" and 1500 for "emt/paramedics", meaning you have experience. make sure you set an alarm on your phone or computer as you don't want to miss out because the cap is reached early. i think last year it was filled after 3 days or so.
              Read the email again, it's set to 4,500 applications.

Comment

thanks for pointing that out...

4500 it is i guess. either way, the main idea of my last post was to make sure you apply as soon as it opens up so you don't miss the cut off. it filled fairly quickly last year.

Comment

Originally posted by arizonaguy85 View Post
                  yup, 3 indeed. they're on top of it up in Portland.

Curious as to what the written will be like since they're supposedly steering away from that terrible (my opinion) fireteam test. any insight?
                  A little info on our process this year in this thread. http://www.firehouse.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119430

A lot of the test this time will be written in house, the part that will be over our training manual etc. Good luck to everyone testing and like has been mentioned before get in early it filled up fast last time.
                  www.portlandfirefighters.org
                  Portland Fire Pictures/Dick Harris

http://www.finsnbeasts.com

Comment

Does anyone know if their application will be a short one like last years or an indepth application like a couple years ago?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X