No announcement yet.

Illinois FF/PMD needing career advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just checked into getting in the military. Seems like its going to be just as hard as finding another fire service job (next to impossible). I might as well get ready for my wonderful career at mcdonalds.

Just my .02 cents- If you get a DUI you might as well kill yourself. No matter how hard you try to make things better everyone will always look down on you, your life will be shi**y and you will never make any money. At least this is my experience so far.

Oh yeah, and most PA programs dont accept students with any arrest on thier record. So i can scratch that idea also. FML

Comment

Wait a minute...

I believe this guy asked in his first post not to be berated about the DUI, and he has obviously taken responsibility for it... so lay off!
      Hardtimesff- You sound really depressed about all of this and you need to talk to someone (professionally) about it. This mistake you made will hinder you in finding fire service employment, but does not exclude you from consideration in many departments. I work with someone who got a DUI a few months before they were hired. It will take a lot of work, but you can sell yourself as someone who has taken responsibility and and will make good choices in the future. Let me know if I can provide any more advice...

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X