Finally the Time has Come

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally the Time has Come

After numerous test, and more than enough let downs, today I received notice that I have been chosen as a fire recruit for the my dream department in the City of Atlanta. I appreciate all of the help that the members of this forum have given. Without this forum I don't believe that I would have gotten the information that I believe set me apart in my interview and this recruitment process. To the next young man or woman who ventures here in search for advice in their process, never give up, continue to apply and continue to make yourself a better potential recruit by taking each loss and learning from it in order to make the next test your best!

Glad to hear it! Congrats!!!

Comment

Congrats and best of luck to you! I am looking forward to when I can say this someday!

Comment

That's great! It's great to hear such stories as patience begins to grow thin...

Comment

Super, remember to check back on the forums once in awhile and help those in need.

Comment

Congrats!!

Comment

Post's like this are great to see! It's easy to get down on yourself when you don't get offered a job, yet think you tested great. These stories help let everyone know there is hope and to keep working!

Comment

Welcome to the fire service!

"Nothing counts 'til you have the badge . . . Nothing!"

More Tips on getting hired and promoted by Firehouse Contributing Author Fire “Captain Bob” Articles here:
                http://www.firehouse.com/contact/10544410/bob-smith

Fire "Captain Bob"

www.eatstress.com

Comment

wow great story congrats brother!

any advice for someone who is 24 yrs old has EMT-B, FF2, volleys, and has taken a dozen test let down numerous times but has made it to interview on his dream department to only find out that i didn't make the cut?

Comment

Originally posted by JPJ1987 View Post

any advice for someone who is 24 yrs old has EMT-B, FF2, volleys, and has taken a dozen test let down numerous times but has made it to interview on his dream department to only find out that i didn't make the cut?
                    Keep trying.

Comment

Congrats! Remember to come back by here and help the next one.

Comment

what did you have cert wise that helped? and what did you think helped you most getting into ATL?

Comment

Originally posted by JPJ1987 View Post

Is everything else in order? Credit? Background? Medically fit?

If so then you need to concentrate on why you're not making it past the interviews. EMT, FF2, volunteer (FF?). Most everyone has that. What makes you unique in the process? Your story and experience. Relate that. There are a few on here who can help you mold your story into your story! Good luck!

OP:
                          Congrats and Good luck! It's all worth it!

bam

Comment

Credit is perfect, never been in trouble, and I'm in good shape.

I've learned a lot already just reading posts about how to prepare for the interviews. I didn't stand out in the interview and that's where i think i fell short, didn't use experiences. I knew the answers but probably sounded robotic and nervous.

I won't give up that's for sure..

Comment

Congratulations on your success!. The previous posted hit the nail right on the head; It all boils down to the interview. SPending time in the gym is very important, however, it's all about being able to perform when you are sitting in front of my peers.....
                              Paul Lepore
                              Division Chief
                              Aspiringfirefighters.com
                              AspiringFireOfficers.com

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader