FireTeam Score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FireTeam Score

What is a 'good' score? I know when taking civil service you usually have to score above a 95 to move on, but with the FireTeam test I have NO idea. To those who have moved on to the interview at a department, what have you scored on this particular test on the weighted 70/30 HR/Mechanical portion?

Think it depends on the pool that you are testing with in most cases: how others fair and what not. But I got an 88% and an 87% with a particular dept and moved on, while at another I got an 85% and didn't.

I think a high 80's score is pretty good when you are talking about FireTEAM, while most other CC exams you need to be above 95% or close to 100% for some big depts.

Hope that helps.
    Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

Comment

I heard 85% was basically the cut off too.

70% is apparently an average score.

Comment

Originally posted by Hopeful_FF View Post
        I heard 85% was basically the cut off too.

70% is apparently an average score.
        If 70% is average, then that means 30% of the time you are wrong.

You can't be 1% wrong in the fire service.

When I was running the drill school in my department, passing was 80%. That was low and members should be making above 95% all the time. Most did!
        Last edited by CaptOldTimer; 03-10-2011, 06:51 PM. Reason: typo
        Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
          If 70% is average, then that means 30% of the time you are wrong.

You can be 1% wrong in the fire service.

When I was running the drill school in my department, passing was 80%. That was low and members should be making about 95% all the time. Most did!
          FireTeam is a very different kind of test though. That is why I had no idea. Thank you for your feedback.

Comment

You can't be 1% wrong in the fire service.
            Couldn't agree with you more...

When I was running the drill school in my department, passing was 80%. That was low and members should be making above 95% all the time. Most did!
            ... and this part is great too, but what does any of your post have to do with FireTEAM testing?
            Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

Comment

I would think it near impossible to get a 100% on the FireTeam HR test. They're all situational and a couple of them the responses could go either way. Then the last portion is all about how you "feel" about certain things - strongly agree, agree, neutral, disagree, strongly disagree. Its a purely subjective test which in my opinion makes it that much more difficult. Not dealing with math equations - you're dealing with the human element and how to interact with members of the public, your peers, and your superiors.
              Hug a firefighter and feel warm all over

Comment

There is nothing like the video team test and there is no way to figure it out. That is one of their selling points. A perfect score with one department would not be with another, because they modify it for each department depending on what they are looking for in recruits.

Most departments are now moving away from their test because it keeps a lot of good potential firefighters from even having a chance. I would say that a department will pick the number of people they want to have continue in the process and set the score to get that number. It is not unusual to have the number lowered because not enough people, or not enough from a particular group, have made the cut.

Good Luck, Capt Rob
                Good Luck, Capt Rob
                www.myfireinterview.com

Comment

Originally posted by FFighterRob View Post
                  There is nothing like the video team test and there is no way to figure it out. That is one of their selling points. A perfect score with one department would not be with another, because they modify it for each department depending on what they are looking for in recruits.

Most departments are now moving away from their test because it keeps a lot of good potential firefighters from even having a chance. I would say that a department will pick the number of people they want to have continue in the process and set the score to get that number. It is not unusual to have the number lowered because not enough people, or not enough from a particular group, have made the cut.

Good Luck, Capt Rob
                  Emphasis on the "not enough from a particular group" here with this test.

Comment

The cut off is typically 87+

Comment

^ would that 87% plus be the average of all four sections of the test? I've taken it twice and heard so many different things.
                      FireMedic

Comment

Math and spelling are pass/fail. The HR and Mech is weighted 70Hr/30Mech\

So my score was 85.68hr, 94.44mech, 96math and 96 spelling.

My combined was 88.31

Comment

From what people at NTN said,

Good scores are:
                          86% and up on HR
                          88% and up on Mech (I guess the average is 85%)
                          100% on Math
                          100% on Reading

That is them. I think a good score is anything that gets you to the next round

Comment

I'd agree with what ever gets you to the next round of hiring. I haven't seen the spelling section. I had the Reading/Vocab, Math, HR, Mech, and scored an 85% overall. I'm not really sure if a "cartoon" brick factory really brings out one's mechanical ability. It's more of how well you pay attention/memory. I'd say maybe five questions are mechanically related. The CPAT is a joke. They give you way to much time.
                            FireMedic

Comment

Any idea how to do,well on the mechanical section?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X