SFFD and tobacco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SFFD and tobacco

Does anybody know the SFFD policy regarding tobacco use? Do they test for it?

Thanks!

Originally posted by emilyanne View Post

Thanks!
    Lady, why not check with the SFFD and get the facts and not ask in here.

Comment

Wow thats a bit rude ? This website is for the people and information. If i knew emilyanne about the policies i would tell you but do not know?

Comment

Originally posted by niiice View Post
        Wow thats a bit rude ? This website is for the people and information. If i knew emilyanne about the policies i would tell you but do not know?
        I didn't see where he was rude.

If I wanted to know about a fd's policy on the use of tobacco, I would contact that department and not ask in a forum as this, to get their rules for the subject.

I know that in jonnee's fd there is a non use of tobacco policy on or off duty. In fact you have to sign the agreement not to use it.
        Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by emilyanne View Post

Thanks!

How about actually telling us which department you are asking about?

SFFD could be hundreds of different departments around the world.

Comment

I agree. I would contact the actual dept directly. Seems like a pretty straight forward question that anyone that you get would be able to answer.

There's a lot of great information on this site, but there's also some misinformation that sneaks in too.

That said, if you are talking about San Fran FD, maybe posting your question in this thread will get you some answers, but I would take it to the source if you are that concerned about the policy.
            Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

Comment

Quit smoking and you have nothing to worry about. Most dept are smoke free, so you might as well make it easier on yourself.

Comment

Hey emilyanne, if you're referring to San Francisco, why the sudden curiosity? Did you get a letter to go forward? If so, take it over to the main SF thread and spill. Thanks.

Comment

What I read from this:
                  -I smoke
                  -I'm not going to quit
                  My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
                  "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
                  George Mason
                  Co-author of the Second Amendment
                  during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
                  Elevator Rescue Information

Comment

How about quitting smoking and that way you won't have to worry about it? You will be really glad you did.....
                    Paul Lepore
                    Division Chief
                    Aspiringfirefighters.com
                    AspiringFireOfficers.com

Comment

Thanks to those with helpful replies! Especially Paul & AJ770, for the most reasonable ones.

yjbrody & niiice, thanks for being cool. boxman, sorry - just lookin to the future! H3.

Comment

oh yeah, by the way - this forum seems pretty hostile. first and last post... posted. see ya! enjoy your speculations.

Comment

Oh, OK, OK, forgot one. KB1OEV... Duhhh!!! OK, now that's it. Done.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X