Orange County Fire, CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange County Fire, CA

Does anyone know how many they are going to hire?

Didn't know they were hiring..... Great department. I have a few friends that work there, I'll put the "feelers" out and see what I can find out.
    "Be LOUD, Be PROUD..... It just might save your can someday when goin' through an intersection!!!!!"

Life on the Truck (Quint) is good.....

Eat til you're sleepy..... Sleep til you're hungry..... And repeat.....

Comment

Seethis >>> http://agency.governmentjobs.com/ocfa/default.cfm

Test will be in June 2011.

Get in line!
      Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Does anyone know if the Biddle test can be taken anywhere other than southern California? Specifically somewhere in the north east.

Comment

Originally posted by thisisavalidusername View Post
          Does anyone know if the Biddle test can be taken anywhere other than southern California? Specifically somewhere in the north east.
          Try googling briddle testing in california.
          Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Whoops, I meant north east like New York Metro, or even Boston or Baltimore. It's a bit of a hike for me, I live in New Jersey.

The little bit I looked into it, there are exactly 3 places in America where I can go; all in the LA area.

Comment

No. The biddle test needs to be taken at Rio Hondo, Santa Ana, or Mt. San Antonio colleges. All of which are in So Cal.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstDue52 View Post
                No. The biddle test needs to be taken at Rio Hondo, Santa Ana, or Mt. San Antonio colleges. All of which are in So Cal.
                It is also really hard to get a biddle time right now. I am trying to get one through Rio hondo right now and they are full until after March 26th but are trying to add a day or two to allow more to test. They have over 400 people signed up!

Comment

Took the Biddle today and was impressed. This test makes the CPAT look like a cake walk. Good luck to everyone trying to get a spot.

Comment

Do you know what written test they are going to use?

Comment

Does anyone know about how often they test a trainee class? Can I expect one in about 2 years? I don't think I an possible make it this time, but I will keep an eye out for the next test.

Comment

Originally posted by thisisavalidusername View Post
                        Does anyone know about how often they test a trainee class? Can I expect one in about 2 years? I don't think I an possible make it this time, but I will keep an eye out for the next test.
                        Last time they hired was about 2 years ago and only one academy made it through due to budget cuts. So 2 years or more is what I would expect for the next time they hire.

"Biddle" is short for "LOS ANGELES AREA /ORANGE COUNTY FIRE CHIEFS
                        FIREFIGHTER PHYSICAL ABILITY TEST," so ya, its only conducted in SoCal.

I don't recall who wrote the written exam, but I remember it was hard. I ran out of time during the test, along with the majority of the room. If I remember correctly, it was math, mechanical aptitude, mapping, and reading comprehension.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X