psyc test re-testing??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psyc test re-testing??

I wanted to ask if anyone had failed a psyc test and was able to retake the test, by challanging or legal matter?? I was just denied a job due to the fact that I "was to perfect and answered the test to truly" ??? There were no negative issues with the test, just that I scored to good?. Doesnt make sense. Any one who has had a similar incidnet and was rehired by re-taking?? Thanks for the advice..

I have never heard of re-rest for a failed psych. To be completely honest, I am wondering about the quote that you were "to perfect, and answered the test to truely." Most of the time with a psych, it is not a pass/fail, unless you are really psychologically unstable, but more of an inventory of how you may react/behave in stressful environments and your personality profile vs the average personality that exists in that department. At least that was the way it was explained to me by the chief officer who handles most of the hirings in my department. Good luck from here.

Comment

Originally posted by BFDCP View Post
      I have never heard of re-rest for a failed psych. To be completely honest, I am wondering about the quote that you were "to perfect, and answered the test to truely." Most of the time with a psych, it is not a pass/fail, unless you are really psychologically unstable, but more of an inventory of how you may react/behave in stressful environments and your personality profile vs the average personality that exists in that department. At least that was the way it was explained to me by the chief officer who handles most of the hirings in my department. Good luck from here.
      ^this and they look for consistent answering of questions. You probably didn't notice at the time. But you will answer the same question multiple times just worded different. With the pysch test it's best to be yourself. Don't answer with what you think the they wanna hear.

Comment

Did you ask the place that you failed the test at to see if they would let you re-test? Not to be a tool, but that is probably where I would start.

I WOULD NOT look into legal action though if they deny you a retest. As much as you probably don't want to hear this, just suck it up as a learning experience and move on. Going the legal route would just make you look like a whiney little bitch who would swing around the power of a lawsuit or something similar to get your way. I'm not saying you're like that at all, but you asked for advice, and like I said, avoid the legal route if they don't let you redo the psych test and move on.

What department was it for?
        Originally posted by jedch47
        You like me are probably just a small player in this big EMS game. I am sure that it all makes sense to the people in charge. I am under the impression that when you start in upper level managment you lose the majority of your common sense.

Comment

What if you don't Pass the Conditional offer Medical?
          What do you do if you have not passed a part of the medical, poly or psyc test?
          Pre-employment medical examinations must comply with the Federal Americans with Disabilities Act and in California with the California Fair Employment Act Section 7294.0(d) of title 2 of the California Code of Regulations states:

(2) Where the results of such medical examination would result in disqualification, an applicant or employee may submit independent medical opinions for consideration before a final determination on disqualification is made.

What this states is that if you have not passed a medical psychological test or poly that was part of a medical, you should be given the chance to obtain a second opinion. Cities and agencies might not be aware of this law. Most people are unaware that they can appeal the decision.

If you’re given the chance for a second opinion you will probably have to pay for it yourself. Don’t let them send you to another evaluator down the hall at the same agency to for another evaluation.

If you pass the second evaluation don’t fall for the trap of the agency wanting a third evaluator to look at both reports and pass final judgment.

Don’t be surprised if the hiring agency refuses to hire you even if you pass the second poly. Again they could cause you to take legal action to make it happen.

Never sign a form on a retest with the agency you have been to before allowing them to release your original evaluation to anyone they want. In many areas there is only one agency doing the evaluations. Many candidates were sent to an agency from a fire department and have failed. Another department will offer them a job conditional on the medical including the psych. What do you think your chances are of passing the poly with the same firm? Duh. If you are in this situation request another agency even if you have to pay and travel to another city.

"Nothing counts 'til you have the badge . . . Nothing!"

More Tips on getting hired and promoted by Firehouse Contributing Author Fire “Captain Bob” Articles here:
          http://www.firehouse.com/contact/10544410/bob-smith

Fire "Captain Bob"

www.eatstress.com

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse