ooops!!!! what do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ooops!!!! what do you think?

Background. I applied to a department in January of 2010 while working on an associates degree in building construction and fire science both. I put in the app that I was going to graduate that coming May with an associates degree in building construction. Well life happens and things got screwed up and I didn't end up graduating in May and I'm still working on both. Keep in mind the app said I should have a degree at this point.

Present Day. So just a couple weeks ago I turned in a verification form for a background check on myself. I even sent in an updated resume with the form because I have obtained many certs in the past year. Wasn't the least bit worried and was waiting to hear back about a medical exam. Monday an investigator called me and asked me if I had an associates degree in building construction or if I was still working on it. Of course I was honest and told him no I was still working on both and if all goes well I SHOULD be finished this summer with the building construction degree. I didn't get to give him a reason why I hadn't finished yet because he politely said "ok thank you" and hung up.

Now I'm stressing myself out about it. It just keeps going through my mind that they think I was lying about my education when really I hadn't heard anything from them in such a long time I forgot to update my app for them. Am I stressing about nothing or could this really affect me when I'm so close to my dream? Keep in mind that having a degree is not a requirement for this department.

Any information or your honest opinion would be appreciated.

Should not be a problem

I guess you have not had an interview yet,

You might take them an updated transcript and class schedule , showing that you are in class
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

Originally posted by ffadams88 View Post
      Any information or your honest opinion would be appreciated.
      Background investigators don't ask questions they don't already know the answer to. They already were aware you didn't have it yet. They were seeing if you were full of ****.
      Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

I've already had an interview and I was told I past that process. So it's just a waiting game now. I will send in my transcripts.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X