Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFD-131
    replied
    cmfireguy105, I was wondering if you had heard anything else lately, I never recieved a rejection letter and I was wondering how things were going?

Leave a comment:

• cmfireguy105
    replied
    UpDate

Rejection Letters were sent out on Friday. So if you did not receive a letter by Monday, then you are still considered in the process. They have their Top 20-25. 15-16 to begin the Process. The other 9-10 are considered reserves. Now, Just because you reveived a rejection letter don't give up. The last two years they have actually exausted the Reserve list because they couldn't get anyone to pass the background or polygraph exams. This is a slim chance, but hey its a chance.

Hope this helps with some info. As of now, they are still planning on a November Start Date.

Leave a comment:

• StrangerDanger14
    replied
    Thanks for the reply, no news is good news....that'll be a fun wait! I think now if I get a letter the mail 10 weeks down the road I'll expect the worst. Do you know how many reserves they typically take or does is correspond to the size of the class?

Leave a comment:

• cmfireguy105
    replied
    As the Interview Comittee is finishing up their Interviews. Let the waiting begin. They will gather all information and put everyone on a list from 1-how ever many they Interviewed. Im guessing approx 350 people Interviewed. They will make a short list of applicants and a reserve list. Like anything they will start with the short list and start their background, polygraph and medical exam. If you complete all those you will be in the Academy. If you fail, they pull from the reserve list. Here is how you know if your on one of the two lists. No news is good news. If you receive a letter saying that everything has been completed and you are no longer being considered or something like that, then Im sorry you were not selected. If you haven't received anything within the next two-three weeks, then you are still being considered. So Please be patient.

Even if you have Fire Training you will go the the Fire Academy. If you have a State of Tennessee or a National Registry EMT or Paramedic then you will not have to complete the EMT portion of the Academy. You will sit outside and test hose, ladders, do odd ball stuff, but you will still have to participate in the PT in the Afternoons.

Shoot me some Questions.

Leave a comment:

• StrangerDanger14
    replied
    Thanks! They seemed to ask quite a few questions about reciprocity for my Level 2 / Medic card from Ohio, didn't know if you had the same. Keep me updated on what you hear, I'll shoot you my number in a PM.

Leave a comment:

• usmc4phl
    replied
    Good luck to you as well. No i don't have any firefighting experience but I do have some EMS related training from the Marine Corps and college.

Leave a comment:

• StrangerDanger14
    replied
    Good luck to you, I had mine last Tuesday and was in the room for 15-20. I asked at the end when to expect something back, they stated 3 weeks or so, just wondering if anyone had heard something else. USMC, do you have any fire or EMS certs or fire service experience?

Leave a comment:

• usmc4phl
    replied
    I had mine last Thursday. I think that it went rather well. I was in the interview for about 25 minutes. From what I have read in previous wall posts about the Knoxville Fire Department's hiring process is that it will take at least a couple of weeks before anyone hears anything back.

Leave a comment:

• StrangerDanger14
    replied
    Anyone on here have their interview? How did you think it went? 15 minutes was tough to fit everything you wanted to say in but hoping for the best. cmfireguy any idea when we might hear back on who is moving on as a finalist?

Leave a comment:

• StrangerDanger14
    replied
    Received my background packet in the mail today! Looks like were slowly rolling again. Good news IMO

Leave a comment:

• cmfireguy105
    replied
    Things are very slow in City Government. Everything is hurry up and wait. Sorry guys/gals, but just the way it is. As far as Im being told, they are still attempting to start a class by the end of the Year. However it may get pushed back. We are in the process of promotions and things like that. Just be patient.

Anyway. Congrats to those that passed the first two steps, No comes the tough part. You all will be receiving background packets in the Mail, you will have to fill them out completely and return them before your Interview will be scheduled. If you want to work for this or City, Please do not try and hide anything, do not lie, do not try and skirt around anything. Please be truthful, honest, not matter what you have done in the past. This will only get you eliminated out of the process... That is all I can and will say about that.. This next part is on you. The question is, How bad do you want it??

Have a good week, I will post if I receive or hear of any futher news.

Leave a comment:

• NFD-131
    replied
    Haven't heard anything from the city, although I heard from one of the guys there that they were looking at 15-20 positions but probably would be after the first of the year before anything final. However, he said this wasn't certain yet! He did say to not get excited as it was a long process though.

Leave a comment:

• StrangerDanger14
    replied
    Anyone heard any news? Seems like everything came to a screeching halt after the PPT.

Leave a comment:

• StrangerDanger14
    replied
    I haven't heard a thing. Saying that, it's only been two weeks since I received my letter saying I passed my PAT. No city moves at light speed, just takes time.

Leave a comment:

• NFD-131
    replied
    So, has anyone recieved anymore information, because I haven't? I heard from one of the guys there that it is a rather long process.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X