No announcement yet.

City of Knoxville, TN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty sure they just do one test/app. period a year..Always around the same time I believe..

Comment

What do u guys think about this one? How many u think tested?

Comment

Thought the test was pretty much straight forward. I heard the number 1,200 being thrown around as to how many tested. Hopefully this turns out well! Good luck everyone.

Comment

Wow.

Sorry Guys,

I have been off on Vacation and Extremely busy. But Im back now to answer your questions,

I have heard Straight from the Big Chiefs Mouth, that they are trying to get a class of 30-35 by the end of this year. We are in the process of testing for promotions for all the Ranks. Keep in mind that we will be getting a New Mayor this Fall so things may change, but that is the plan right now. Congratulations on those that passed. Next is the Physical Agility which is pretty straight forward. Nothing to difficult.

Comment

Hey CM...when you got hired on what was your written score? im guessing 96-100 range?

Comment

Is it going to be one big class, or 2 different ones? Here anything about when they might be starting it? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by cfd2013 View Post
                Hey CM...when you got hired on what was your written score? im guessing 96-100 range?
                I know this doesn't answer your question directly but I'll throw it out. There was a guy taking the exam with us who was in the process the last time they hired. He and I were discussing the process and he said his score was a 98%, which was good enough to place him on the alternate list that was never picked from. Granted the PPT and interviews play a role, but just an idea.

Comment

Just got my letter in the mail, 92% on the exam and an invite to the PPT. anyone else get results?

Comment

Anyone know how the Balance board test is scored, and what is an overall "good" score for the three events???

Comment

One of the guys here where I work was in the process 3-4 years ago. I asked him the same question regarding how the PPT was scored, he said there was never a set number or time requirement for anything, it was more what your max was for each event. It would be nice to know what they're expecting out of us though!

Comment

I talked to a guy while I was there that was in last years process, he says u just do as many sit ups as u can, then the balance beam is the averaged best time out of three attempts. he said he had 14 seconds, which I guess is good!

Comment

Originally posted by cmfireguy105 View Post
                          Ok People, Here is the Infor that has been posted for the City of Knoxville, TN
                          If you have any questions pleas feel free to ask away.

CITY OF KNOXVILLE
                          CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION
                          FOR
                          FIREFIGHTER RECRUIT
                          DRUG TESTING IS REQUIRED
                          The Current Annual Salary for Entry-Level Firefighter Recruit is $31,226.00 (during academy)
                          The Current Annual Salary for Entry-Level Firefighter is $32,007.00 (after graduation from academy)
                          Closing Date: Friday, April 1, 2011 Examination Date: Saturday, April 16, 2011
                          Deadline for submitting application By appointment only
                          All applications must be submitted to the Civil Service Office or postmarked by Friday, April 1, 2011
                          NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE TO THE STATED DEADLINE.
                          I made a 86 do i have a chance?

Comment

You passed right??? It is my personal theory that the mid 80's is the perfect place to be, you aren't scoring so low that you aren't going to be an effective learner and you aren't too high that you are most likely very book smart but can't grasp common sense street smarts type knowledge. You are the best of both worlds! I am sitting at an 84 and i'm looking forward anxiously to the rest of the process... Good luck!

Comment

first time i tested in knoxville 4 years ago an 84 didn't get me squat. No interview or nothing. 2 years ago i scored an 92 and i received an interview. With Knoxville your probably going to have to get in the 96-100 range to have a legitimate shot. But stranger things have happened guys. Good Luck the rest of the way

Comment

Update

To be honest, I don't even remember what I scored, I do know it was in the high 90s. What they policy of the Knoxville Fire Department is to Interview 5 Candidates for ever 1 position they plan to Hire. This gives the Fire Department plenty of Room in case someone becomes ineligible at some point in the process. After the Interview the comittee ranks you in order. From what I have been told. They are going to try and start a class in the Fall of this Yr. Right now, with retirements and open slots there are 13-15 positions to fill. I know, I know. Not a lot, but hey at least they aren't furloughing anyone Right??? We will be getting a new Mayor In January so hopefully who ever that is will be open to keeping all the Fire and Police around. The Police Department has been approved to hire also. So these are decent times in Knoxville Right now.

The only hint I will give for the interview process is this. You are slotted for a 15 minute interview. I was in the interview room for almost 45 min. Don't be affraid to ask questions. (Not Stupid questions) like do i have to shave my beard and thigs like that. Ask about Growth in the City, any plans for building new firehouses. Things of that nature.

After you are ranked they will take the top 13-15 people and start the hiring process. (Ie.. Information Packet, Background, Polygraph,) When you start to fill out the Information Packet what ever you do DON"T LIE....... It will be caught. I have seen really good candidates fall out, all because they Lied. PLEASE DON'T LIE..... NO MATTER HOW BAD OR CHEESEY IT SOUNDS....

Ok any more questions Shoot me a reply.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X