No announcement yet.

City of Knoxville, TN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea I believe being a medic will help you out CFerd..They run EMS not positive on what level..Might have a few ALS eng. or trucks..Not positive tho..CM will know that for sure tho....And for CM how many calls does most stations run? I know there are busy and slower ones, but whats the avg? Thanks..

Comment

Yes Being a Paramedic will help. However I have seen them not hire a few medics. The Background Check is very strenous. They actually send investigators out to your neighbors and contact all your references. If someone is already a PM or an EMT they will not be required to attend the 8 week EMT class at the start of the Academy. What they have you do is Test hose, ladders and run a few errands. After the 8 weeks you will then jump into the fire portion of the Academy.
      The City of Knoxville runs approx 35,000 calls a year between 18 fire stations. We have busy trucks and then trucks that run 3-5 calls a day. We do have ALS Engines and work very closely with Rural Metro EMS. In my opinion you could see the Knoxville/Knox County go to a Metro Government just like Nashville within the next 5-7 years.

Comment

CM do you guys allow ride alongs? Is that through the captain of the station for the shift or battalion chiefs?

Comment

CFD, Yes we do have a ride along program there are a few requirements, You Must be over 18, It must be approved through the Captain, and the Battalion Chief, and you must sign a Waiver releasing all Liability.

Comment

Awesome deal. Ive rode with Charlotte fire multiple times but would love to do the same in Knoxville to get a feel for the department

Comment

I have a very good, close friend that works in Charlotte, What trucks have you been on?

Comment

Engine 10, Rescue 10 on the West Side off of Wilkinson Boulevard. Then rode at station 4 as well.

Comment

Any more questions feel free to ask away. Im just trying to keep this thread on the front page, wanting to get a few thousand applicants this year.

Comment

CMfireguy105 I know you have answered this earlier in this post, but have you heard any updates of possible dates the recruit class will start? I read your earlier post just wondering if there were any changes in the last couple of weeks?

Comment

question

cmfireguy105 I know you answered this question already earlier in the post, but I was wondering if you have heard any updates on possible recruit class start dates? I'm coming from out of state and really don't have the money to keep flying out to knoxville. If they wont be starting a class anytime soon I might not fly out there the first time. I have to borrow money from my mother in law to take a trip there from fl. Any updates if you have them would be much appreciated.

Comment

I'm Scheduled for the written on the 16th, what kind of stuff should I prepare for and how many questions are on it/how long should it take... (i'm trying to jam in a flight the same day)

Comment

CM do you think there will be any hires off of this list? Any retirees? etc?

Comment

CM, I am currently in the air national guard, does that help me out any?

Comment

i'm sure any time in the armed forces will be a positive experience and look good on a resume...

Comment

I was wanting to apply, but when i found the application i missed the deadline by 2 days. I was wondering if you know when the next deadline is going to be or if it is yearly?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X