Savannah, GA 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Savannah, GA 2011

Saw where Savannah is accepting applications for firefighter trainee right now. The info was posted on the union's Facebook page. I know nothing else about the department or about the process, just passing along the info.

http://agency.governmentjobs.com/savannah/default.cfm
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Originally posted by Rescue101
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Applied, one of my favorite cities, and one of the last true firefighting departments.

Comment

Originally posted by CFerd20 View Post
      Applied, one of my favorite cities, and one of the last true firefighting departments.
      Does savannah fight a lot of fire?

Comment

They just announced to those that passed the written test, CPAT, and oral interview last year that they will be hiring for a rookie class to start April 25th. They plan to hire 27 candidates so good luck to all who've received emails.

Comment

Sent my app in. Let's see how this goes.

Comment

Has anyone that applied to Savannah heard anything yet? its been about 3 weeks since I sent in my background information. Heard they were going hire up to 27 trainees by April 25. Keep me posted

Comment

Anyone have an idea what one could expect to make as a "tenured" fireman. Please don't regurgitate the numbers from the link that says 34,xxx after one year. I'm asking after 5,10 years, provided that the salary goes up after the first year.

Comment

ffadams88 - I received an e-mail last week notifying me that I was scheduled for a fitness assessment on march 22nd.

Comment

Originally posted by Cub2311 View Post
                  Anyone have an idea what one could expect to make as a "tenured" fireman. Please don't regurgitate the numbers from the link that says 34,xxx after one year. I'm asking after 5,10 years, provided that the salary goes up after the first year.
                  Theirs another post about savannah if you do a search. I know a member of the dept posted half his class left due to the pay. I would imagine they don't run a lot being they don't do ems.
                  Last edited by AJ770; 03-08-2011, 09:50 PM.

Comment

The City of Savannah is currently accepting applications for firefighter trainee.

http://agency.governmentjobs.com/savannah/default.cfm

If you go to this link you can apply online.

The city is also beginning a recruit class on April 25th. This will be a class of 28. All eligible applicants have been contacted and have been scheduled for a physical assessment.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

www.iaff574.org
                    Find us on facebook also: search for (IAFF Savannah Firefighters)

Comment

Cub - The City of Savannahs pay scale is based on years of service.

New Recruit: $30,906
                      Completion of recruit school: $32471
                      After one year:$34,094

After this the one year raise you are suppose to get a annual 2% raise. This is not the COLA raise the city gives. Hypothetically you should always get a 2% raise plus the COLA -whatever it may be.

However, we have not recieved our step raises in 3 years and just recieved our first COLA in three years. Due to this economy its not a suprise.

Lets say you are a 6 year Firefighter you should be making at least $37,943.

Comment

Any idea how many people are taking the fitness test?

Comment

40 taking the test.

Comment

So they are having a Class of 28 straight away and starting another list with the current application through gov't jobs??

Please advise. Also i'd be flying out so I would like to know the possibility of having another class, given the current economic climate. I know this would be speculation but a best guess from an insider would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comment

The class of 28 is starting off the test used 2 years ago. A new list is being created at this time with multiple application and testing dates over the next few months.

There are currently 9 stations in planning for the city. How fast these stations are built somewhat hinges on the economy. It looks like 3 stations could be onilne within the next 18 months. That would be a possibility of 60 to 75 firefighters.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X