No announcement yet.

Tacoma Testing 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nevermind, didn't read your post carefully enough. Did anyone get an invite to the actual PAT or just the practice?
    Last edited by TruckOps84; 06-03-2011, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nwavant View Post
      I'm looking at the 12th and/or 26th. From what I have heard the top 20 bands.
      I was ranked in 17 band, but no invite/letter

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Axe View Post
        I was ranked in 17 band, but no invite/letter
        I got both an email last week and a letter a couple of days later.

Comment

I am in the 22nd band and I got my e-mail today.

Comment

I am in rank 20 and got invitation by mail, no email.

Comment

Don't quote me, but I think just about everyone gets invited to the practices.
              Will have to verify that.
              They want to give everyone the same chance to see what's expected.
              Remember, every step of the testing process you are being observed, even practices.
              Try and look like a recruit. That might mean shaving, getting a haircut, pulling your shorts up a bit, loosing the backwards ball-cap, etc.

Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by flipper123 View Post
                Don't quote me, but I think just about everyone gets invited to the practices.
                Will have to verify that.
                They want to give everyone the same chance to see what's expected.
                Remember, every step of the testing process you are being observed, even practices.
                Try and look like a recruit. That might mean shaving, getting a haircut, pulling your shorts up a bit, loosing the backwards ball-cap, etc.

Good Luck!
                Assuming a letter comes, this question will become more pertinent, but for my own curiosity as of now -

Do you think they will count it against you if you don't go to the practice? I'm just curious because with my current job for instance, I'm out of town June 10-29, so I wouldn't be able to make any of the practice dates. Since you know they do grade on every step, if I were to get asked to the real physical test, do you feel it would be counted against me for not having gone to a practice?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Axe View Post
                  Assuming a letter comes, this question will become more pertinent, but for my own curiosity as of now -

Do you think they will count it against you if you don't go to the practice? I'm just curious because with my current job for instance, I'm out of town June 10-29, so I wouldn't be able to make any of the practice dates. Since you know they do grade on every step, if I were to get asked to the real physical test, do you feel it would be counted against me for not having gone to a practice?
                  When I went through TFD's process a few years ago, a little bunny told me they keep track of who shows up to the practice sessions, as well as the things Flipper was talking about above.

I guess the question you should ask yourself...do you want to work for your current employer, or do you want to work for TFD?

Comment

Originally posted by powerhourcoug View Post
                    When I went through TFD's process a few years ago, a little bunny told me they keep track of who shows up to the practice sessions, as well as the things Flipper was talking about above.

I guess the question you should ask yourself...do you want to work for your current employer, or do you want to work for TFD?
                    And that's a great way to look at it, but as my current Chief has told all of us volunteers, "You'll get people telling you that in this business you have to drop anything and everything to try and get on with a department. But the bottom line is YOU are the one who has to pay your bills."

Comment

• They definitely document who attends.
                      It would be against HR rules to use your lack of participation in the practices against you.
                      I did not attend the practices when I went through.

But it is an excellent opportunity to meet the people who will ultimately decide to hire you or not. And for ALOT of people, they need to see the cours to really grasp that it's harder than the CPAT!

As for how important it is, that's up to you.

Good Luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by flipper123 View Post
                        They definitely document who attends.
                        It would be against HR rules to use your lack of participation in the practices against you.
                        I did not attend the practices when I went through.

But it is an excellent opportunity to meet the people who will ultimately decide to hire you or not. And for ALOT of people, they need to see the cours to really grasp that it's harder than the CPAT!

As for how important it is, that's up to you.

Good Luck!
                        Thanks for the information flipper, much appreciated throughout this process.

I'm sure going into an oral board and having to explain that my employment history ended in June after getting fired for non-attendance and that I promptly had to get on state assistance wouldn't do me much good in getting hired. LOL!

Comment

• I just got m email and I'm really excited to come back to Tacoma, it's where I was at for 18 years and it would be a
                          Dream come true to come home and
                          Work for TFD

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Axe View Post
                            And that's a great way to look at it, but as my current Chief has told all of us volunteers, "You'll get people telling you that in this business you have to drop anything and everything to try and get on with a department. But the bottom line is YOU are the one who has to pay your bills."
                            Do you volunteer for King 44?

Comment

• Originally posted by powerhourcoug View Post
                              Do you volunteer for King 44?
                              No, I'm in Pierce county right now

Comment

• Someone was at the PAT practice, and they were told about 100-200 people will be invited to the actual PAT, and that those people will be the ones going on to the orals; they're only inviting people to the PAT if they want to see them at the oral. So they will be starting the background stuff very soon, if not already. Must have good background to get invite.
                                Roughly ranks 1-20(?), maybe 1-15(?) Hard to tell because no one really knows how many are in each rank.

Testing looks like PAT in Mid July, Orals in August, hiring in Sept.
                                About 16-20 people.

So someone said, could be a crazy person though.

Good Luck

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X