Tacoma Testing 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad Credit

Does anybody know what is considered bad enough credit to be passed over for a position? I have had a credic card go to collections before but I've never defaulted on a house or car loan or anything big. The credit card was for like $1300 or something like that.

Comment

ffbam24,

I may be in the same boat with this credit issue. If you don't mind me asking, what was it that made your credit so bad?

Comment

Test results are in, and posted on Tacoma (Applicant Login) site.

I passed..... whew, was sweating this one ....
        Last edited by Pasha6568; 05-19-2011, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Pass. Does anyone know if our actual score is a part of list ranking? Or just pass/fail?

Comment

Logged in and mine said, "passed test, on list, will be contacted for PAT". I believe we will see our actual test scores soon. I know in the past they have done some sort of ranking or banding.
            Last edited by EWfire; 05-20-2011, 02:45 AM.

Comment

Same here Passed/On list/ Waiting to schedule PAT. So far all my testing partners have gotten the same response. So hopefully there will be a little bit of clarity coming on how the process is going to progress from here on out. Good Luck Everybody

Comment

Could someone post the link of the sign in page? I have my username and password I just cant find the applicant login page that was mentioned above. Thanks!

Comment

https://www.governmentjobs.com/js_lo...?&TopHeader=0&

mine said the same. Passed!

Comment

thanks myers, found out I passed as well

Comment

Does anybody know how vet points are going to be awarded? I can't remember if they said or not. Anybody think they aced the written?

Comment

Test proctor told me that VP Credit is applied to passing grades of the written test--- rest of this comment is interpolated from 2007 thread.

Candidates end up in one of about 20 bands band based upon written score (including VP credit). Candidates in the top x bands (for example the top 10 bands) are invited to take PAT.

Quote from powerhourcoug from last test thread in 2007:

-----begin quote-----
                        From what I (powerhourcoug) understand, TFD uses a "band" system.
                        So for example
                        110% (military preference) = #1 band (x number of candidates)
                        109% (military preference) = #2 band (x number of candidates)
                        98.9% = #8 band (x number of candidates)
                        (x score) = #20 band (x number of candidates)

-----end quote------

After PAT the final pool of candidates are generated similarly (ie. top x amount of bands) and are invited to oral boards. Unknown if background packets play a role of getting you into the final pool. (Of course bad stuff will wash you out, and you need to pass medical etc).

Oral Boards (and I assume final Chief interview) yield the dozen or so candidates that are appointed to the academy.
                        Unknown if final OB scores are released (cannot find any thread that says so).
                        Unknown if VP credits are awarded in the Oral Boards (as it may not be a competitive examination).

Quote from Flipper in 2007:
                        ----begin quote -----
                        "Hiring is not in strict order of placement-there is a certain amount of leeway allowed by civil service rules.
                        Factors such as background,bi-lingual,EMT,etc all are considered."
                        ----end quote----

If someone can add more I'd love to read it (like how many oral boards there are, and how long they are, etc...... or fill in my "unknowns" above).
                        Last edited by Pasha6568; 05-24-2011, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Just checked; also passed. Haven't actually ran into anyone yet who hasn't passed. Wondering how many they are moving forward?

Comment

Just got my letter of pass and I'm on the eligibility list. Does anyone know if that is the "band" or my actual placement on the list due to test score?

Thanks and good luck.
                            Last edited by nwavant; 06-06-2011, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Nwavant did you recieve your ranking in an email or actual letter in the mail?

Comment

Received the letter via email with the ranking.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X