No announcement yet.

Tacoma Testing 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Received an email from Tacoma. My test date is 4/27 at the Tacoma Dome.

Comment

Anyone want to go in on a Hotel room with me? I'm on the 27th yo.

Comment

Does anyone know what the REAL starting and top step salary is for the Tacoma Fire Department?

Comment

Received my letter today for the 26th. I understand you have to pass the written to move on to the oral board. I don't see anything about a passing score or if they take the top so many. Does anyone have any insight?

Comment

Anyone want to carpool (in your car...) from Portland, OR to the test on the 27th? I'm scheduled for 1:00PM. Please let me know.

Comment

I just got notice from Tacoma Fire and I have a testing date of April 26th. Hope that helps.

Comment

flying in to seatac on the 26th at 11 and testing on the 27th; have a hotel booked on I-5 about two miles from the Dome. Done deal. I don't know the area at all and was going to cruise around a little when I got there to look around; maybe head to defiance park and check it out... dunno yet.

be nice to know how many they're taking for sure and how solid the positions will be when they fill em.

Comment

Got the test notice but I'm out of money. Don't think I'll be able to make it. It's definitely a shame...

Comment

flying from dallas, i'm using one air carrier out there and a different one coming back; total airfare was under 250 and then 35 for a rental car is not a bad deal. if it would've been 500 or more to fly and all, i would've been out.

Comment

Did anybody buy the study guide? I got my test notice but it seems like a waste of time to mail in an order form and have them mail me back a study guide when the test is in 3 weeks. Is the test just a regular civil service exam or one where you actually need their study stuff?

Comment

Uh heads up bro, get the study guide. You will not pass without it, it is based off of material directly from the book and there is stuff you will not know even if you gods gift to being a baby saving firefighter. Good Luck with the test. That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by athletefirefighter View Post
                          Did anybody buy the study guide? I got my test notice but it seems like a waste of time to mail in an order form and have them mail me back a study guide when the test is in 3 weeks. Is the test just a regular civil service exam or one where you actually need their study stuff?
                          Dude...really?

Comment

I just took my first written test in Dallas last week and none of it was really anything you could study for, either you know how to read/write and do basic math or you need to take a math/english class. But if departments have study guides does it mean they test you on test-specific material? Not trying to sound like an idiot just trying to figure this process out since I'm just getting started.

Comment

Not every test is alike.

The one they use in particular does force the candidate to purchase a specific edition study guide for the test that is just slightly off of real world numbers that you must use the study guide in order to score well. For that I am not a big fan of this test for the oft' cash strapped candidate. (Admittedly, I'm not a big fan of banding either or the whole "rule of 3's" or 5's.)

Comment

Yeah man. To be honest, I like this test but that's just me. Homeboy above me knows the deal. You will need to memorize right out of the book. Get the practice test as well. It's $25 bucks all up.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X